10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
Take example of below file.
Now i have a variable that contains "nas1:/abc/test/test1" value , so i need to search the above file for this variable and print only this line.
... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to combine lines with these conditions:
1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text.
2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon.
3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
Am using ksh shell
I have a file like
XYSDHY read write; permission; complete;
DEGHLO RTERI dersa; upomxi oidewmiew; jdipowj;Now i need to insert semicolon after the BLOCK LETTER patterns and delete all blank lines.
Now I need the output as
XYSDHY; read write; permission;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have following file contents
I would like to comment line line=eeeeee and insert a new line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have got the below requirement. please suggest.
I have a file like,
Processing Item is:
Processing Item is:
I want to process the above file to get the output file like,
... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
i have to insert the content of source.txt into the searched pattern of the file second.txt.
This is second file
pattern match start here
pattern match end here
end of the file
so the result will be like this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
ONS.820.log:V 20Oct2010:GP ^ ^
ONS.123.log:V 21Oct2010:GP ^ ^
ONS.820.log:V 30Oct2010:GP ^ ^
want to make new file from existing one with addition.
20Oct2010 User KV001 has name tk003 with buffer- 338-1
21Oct2010 User KV003 has name tk002 with buffer- 338-2
30Oct2010 User KV002... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a large file and i need to insert a line after every line.I am actually unaware how to do it.Any help appreciated.
control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI01 interval 1 intcount 1
control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI02 interval 1 intcount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
Is there any command where we can insert a line "2|||" before every line starting with "3|"
my input is as follows
2|EN_GB||Electrogalvanize 0.5 m2 ( Renault )
desired output... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131