9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this?
Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database.
C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a shell script which will export data from oracle table .
I don't want to save that data . I want the queries .
Right now i am right clicking on the table and clicking on export as to my desktop .
Please let me know if any one have any idea . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script
(1) I have to connect to an Oracle database
(2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables.
(3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
how to run shell script to excute oracle queries on remote db ?
i have tried as following
sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server "select query;"
but not working
also this one
sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server `select query;`
not working :(
i add this line to run another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting.
I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file.
Could you someone help me out with a sample code?
Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
i am having a variable declared in .profile.i am changing its value in a shell script and then i am connecting to oracle and then from there i am calling a .sql called update.sql
STATUS is the variable declared in the .profile
sqlplus <<END... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have to do the following things :
1) there should be a shell script returning the returning the return code of the script. and i have to add some more details like on which machine is has run , at what time and other details and then using plsql i have to add a row to Oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I would like to know how to update a table in Oracle database, if a command in one shell script either successfully completes or it fails.(like Y if its success or N if its a failure)
While the command is running,I am able to view the log file created in the Unix machine.After the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124