How to check if a package is already installed?

Operating Systems AIX How to check if a package is already installed?
# 1  
Old 04-07-2008
How to check if a package is already installed?

Hi All,

I want to check if the perl DBI package is already installed my AIX unix machine. is there any command to check this? Please help.

Thanks,
Am
# 2  
Old 04-07-2008
Code:
perl -e 'use DBI;'

you have it installed unless this throws some error
# 3  
Old 04-07-2008
Thanks Yogesh.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-to verify if my package installed successfully

Can you please let me know how can i verify /check inside the script if the below to package installation commands are successful or if they failed for any reasons? 1. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d $INSTP/install/apachesrv.pkg 2. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Check that supersede of package version is installed

I need a programmatic way to check, that supersede of required package is installed. At Linux I do it using rpmvercm utility to compare installed package version to my minimal requirement. So - I need analog of Linux "rpmvercm" utility for Solaris (10/11) Let us say - I know that minimal version... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuismanm
10 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How to list my program or package that i compile and installed?

Hi I would like to ask in ubuntu or linux on how to list all my package or software the i installed via source code( compile installed in dir default is /usr/local) just like i solaris in which if you installed a package in ur choosing default root installation dir you can just issue a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

6. Solaris

what is the difference between openssh and ssh package installed with Solaris box

which should i prefer to install in my system openssh or ssh package provided by SUN by default. can i have two packages installed at the same time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Package needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so?

Hi, What is the necessary package that needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so in pam.conf file? And from where can i get that file? Is that package already shipped with Solaris 10? Because when i use that file i am getting "open_module: stat(/usr/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathya47
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Download same package as installed

Hi gurus, how to (just) download already installed package ? I tried sudo apt-get -d install putty but gives me Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done putty is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
7 Replies

9. Linux

Find installed location of a relocatable package

Hi, I am finding the installed location of a package by: rpm -qi <package_name> And then parse the string "Relocations". If i relocate this package during installation with --relocate option , the "Relocations" string still shows the old value. Though the package has been installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

how to package my program which can be installed on HP UX

I develop a unix program in HPUX I want to package my program to install on HPUX in some dierctory folder like /user/local/sbin/xxx and preinstall some software before install my program package like xxx.depot how can i do it, have any tools like use setupfactory tools in windows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question