directories problem

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers directories problem
# 1  
Old 07-22-2006
directories problem

how to make a directories and subdirectories and subsubdirectories?is that using mkdir and cd?

if want to make this.....can any1 teach mi??thx

unix(dic)

java(subdic for unix) haha(subdic for unix)

ic(subdic for java ) bb(subdic for haha)
# 2  
Old 07-22-2006
Please read the rules

(9) Edit your posts if you see spelling or grammar errors (don't write in cyberchat or cyberpunk style). English only.

on review this is a homework post. Thread closed.

Last edited by reborg; 07-22-2006 at 08:53 AM..
# 3  
Old 07-22-2006
Yeah, mkdir you need to create new directory and cd to change path.

Try to be more specific what you exactly want and also consider, what Reborg has advised you.

Regards,
Tayyab

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem creating a tar ball in different directories

Hi all. I'm hitting a problem creating a tar archive in one directory from files located in a different directory. It fails when I replace the absolute paths with variables in the script but works if I just run tar on the cmdln. E.g. #!/bin/ksh BASE=$PWD STAGE=$BASE/stage LOG=$BASE/log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
4 Replies

3. Debian

Problem with maximum files and directories

Hi, I'm using Kali linux, I think it's a debian linux ? I'm trying to create a folder in which there'll be 256 folders, and in each of this folders there will also be 256 folders. Then in each terminate folders I want to create 4096 files. It will look like /dir/aa/aa/aaa.txt,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganon551
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Problem while traversing directories

I was given to create a backup of all files in a given directory(command line argument) into say /home/vishal/back and the back up files must be accordingly to the extension of the file i.e pdf files are saved in back/pdf doc files back/doc etc . I gave a recursive function to traverse through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davis7son
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with array and creating directories

I have an interesting requirement. I have declaried an array like :- arr=`find . ! -name "." | xargs -I {} echo {} | cut -c 2-${#}` Then i will try to access the array elements like :- i=0 for i in ${arr}; do Here comes the confusions, the array elements are basically dir and files stored... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with looping the directories

Hi all, I have a directory which has many sub-directories. Now, I want to check the space of each dir and redirect the output in a file if space exceeds the limit. I have already done it, but the way I did is not very good. I just listed the directories and awked the last column to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find problem listing directories even -type f

Hi All, #!/bin/ksh find /home/other -ls -type f -xdev | sort -nrk7 | head -2 >bigfile.txt The above is my script, which writes the large file into a file called bigfile.txt. My script contains only the above two lines. after execution i am getting the output like find: cannot chdir to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script problem due to recursive directories Help please

Hello everyone , I am looking for a better solution then the one I have created for the my Task The task is: Create an automated script that will check for Uploads in a specified Directory and move them to another specified Directory if the files are completely uploaded. Files are FTP'd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question