C shell script to convert from inches to meters and centimetres

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C shell script to convert from inches to meters and centimetres
# 1  
Old 08-07-2003
C shell script to convert from inches to meters and centimetres

Write a C shell script "in2ftcm" which uses arithmetic expansion to convert from inches to meters and centimetres, rounded down to the nearest whole number of centimetres. Input should be a whole number of inches, and you may assume. Explain your algorithm to determine the inches from the centimetres input.
# 2  
Old 08-07-2003
See notes in other thread
# 3  
Old 08-07-2003
Re: C shell script to convert from inches to meters and centimetres

Quote:
Originally posted by Ringo
Explain your algorithm to determine the inches from the centimetres input.
LOL, wow sometimes it's so obvious.. Smilie
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to convert rows into cloumns

B010215861628 MA 01020 CARRIER B010215861695 MA 01020 CARRIER B010215861709 MA 01020 CARRIER My output is in the above format I want the output to be: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teegela Prathyu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert my shell script to C programming HELP!!

I had try to create a basic shell script. So now im trying to convert in to C-programming language can some one guide/help me out with it?(BTW IM USING A LINUX/UNIX/ORACLE SYSTEM) CODE BELOW !/bin/bash for i in `ls -1 /cslab/home/JAZEL/` do cp -uv $i /cslab/home/JAZEL/cs295/$i.`date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nygenesis
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert to shell script

how to convert these code to shell script #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> main() { int i,j,a=0,b=0,c=0,f,t,al,ta; int a1, max, n, n1,p,k=0; printf(“\n enter no.of resources”); scanf(“%d”,n1); printf(“\nenter the max no .of resources for each type”); for(i=0;i<n1;i++)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: syah
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

May you convert vbscript to shell script?

Dear! I've a script (vbscript) running on windows machine for along time ago. 2 weeks ago, we changed server from Windows to RHEL5, and this script did not run, and I'm not programmer. So that, I post this script here and wish you convert for me. vbscript code: 'This script will: ' - ZIP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line util to convert mm to inches etc?

There must be a command line utility to convert metric -> us, mm to inches etc, but I don't remember seeing it. Any suggestions? Anything in the repositories? Thx. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koodawg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

having a bash script convert ft to meters with 1 decimal

What is the correct syntax to limit the number of decimals to 1 or 0 in a bash script? Here is the partial code I have which works, but if I echo $meters, it has 4 or 5 decimals: METERS=`echo "$FEET * 0.3048" | bc` I read about scale and length in the bc man page, but I can't seem to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

please convert the below program into shell script

if ( ( grep -i "Exception : " /home/dklog* )) then echo " improper combination" elsif ( ( grep -i "invalid" /home/dklog*)) then echo " wrong process " fi fi in the above case i am facing the the syntx error please help in this case... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script for looping

Situation: I have a working shell script on our file server (OSXS Tiger) to connect to a workstation, which is using a portable home directory (phd), and rsync a user's MirrorAgent.log. I'm not that strong of a scripter (obviously), but I would like to add other workstations to this script as they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: le0pard13
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question