-1 returned from fetchall_arrayraf

Hi all, below is my PERL script
Code:
$ids = $dbh->prepare ("select * from tableA");
$ids->execute();
$names = $ids->fetchall_arrayref([0]);
print " Total valid ids is $#names \n";

Table only has 1 column, approx 400 rows

the value of $#names is -1. Would anyone point out what could have caused the error?

Last edited by new2ss; 05-03-2006 at 12:44 AM..
# 2  
Old 05-03-2006
What does

$ids->errstr

show (after fetchall_arrayref())?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netout: write returned 0?

Hi Am Using unix Aix When i ftp the zero size file getting the netout: write returned 0? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring a returned function value

Hello, I have something that should be very simple yet I am losing my head in figuring out how to get it to work: I am calling a function passing a parameter, this will return a particular string, next I want to substring the returned value and break it apart. All of this I want to do on a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check variable value when nothing is returned

Hi all, I am wondering how can I check when a variable has nothing returned in it. I am trying to store a pid in this variable to see if a script is running in the background. So I am using something like that proc_pid=`ps -ef |grep script.sh|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'` if then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geovas
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - using value returned by W+

Hi, In a file old.txt containing (for example) a series.. #limerick There was a young lady from Nantucket.. \images\Blank.jpg :end #joke A horse walked into a bar... \images\Blank.jpg end I would like to achieve new.txt containing #limerick There was a young lady from Nantucket..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigel_R
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is returned when using 'find . -ls'

Hi all, I tried to find the reply using google, yet did not find a conclusive answer. When I use 'find . -ls', I get something like: 3423297 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 useradmin staff 135 4 apr 09:46 ./.~lock.dir-file-list.csv# I know that 3423297 is the inode -rw-r--r-- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakke
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

netout: write returned 0?

Hi , When i try to ftp a zero byte file across through a shell script It gives me the mesaage netout: write returned 0? Is there any way i can supress this message as it does not affect the execution of the script Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifzgud
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

about the value returned from oracle

Hi all can i use unix variable holds the data returned by oracle in a shell script? x=sqlplus -s u/p@h <<! >>fg.log whenever sqlerr exit 1 select count(*) from schema.mat_view; exit ! echo $x Will the $x return the value of count(*)? thanks megh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out command has returned any value?

Hi Pals I am using this command in my script to find out warnings using fgrep where $log is the log file name, $date is the date to be searching and warnings.list contains list of matching words. grep "WARNING" $log|grep "$date"|fgrep -vf warnings.list I want to perform another action... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnl
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

returned from remote command

Hi, there, I want to excute the remote command shell via "remsh", are there any simple or best way to get the result of remote shell from local ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

ridst returned

The rdist command script is called in the program to synchronize the updated files, I wonder whether the rdist returned can be fetched or not from the program? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question