Connect failed: No Devices Available

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Connect failed: No Devices Available
# 1  
Old 11-27-2004
Connect failed: No Devices Available

After installing an internal fax modem I get the message above when using the cu -l /dev/tty1A command.

Any help would be most appreciated to the cu command to work again. Thanks.
# 2  
Old 11-27-2004
Well on HP-UX, this would be an indication that the direct entry in the Devices file for tty1A is missing or invalid. So if you have a Devices file on whatever OS you are using, check that.
# 3  
Old 11-28-2004
Thanks for the reply. My OS is SCO 5.0.5. I've been all over the directories looking for a device file pointing to tty1A and can't find it. I can access the modem using command "cu -ltty1A dir" and it works so I'm missing something.

Not sure where to look next.
# 4  
Old 11-28-2004
Bug

Found the error. It was in the Devices file in /usr/lib/uucp directory. The file needed a capital D for Direct vs. direct at the beginning of the line for the direct modem part of this file.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Proxy Server

Httpd proxy on AIX: failed to connect SSL

Hi, I am trying to migrate a quite old proxy server with Apache httpd, running on AIX The scenario is that my server accepts connections on http and proxies them to an SSL backend. This is done in a ProxyPass statement, as follows: ProxyPass /myservice/my-ws... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trifo75
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

D-Bus: Failed to connect to socket

I'm trying a new distro called KaliBang. After the install I noticed this error is having problems letting multiple applications I have work: (nm-applet:3674): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: connect to network devices, run set of commands

I am trying to write a script for my own use that will allow me to connect to network devices, then run a set of commands. I start with a list of ips in a text file. Each ip is on its own line. I start with a second file of commands. Each command on one line. for illustration .. the cmd.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Connect Direct - XSMG242I -Create user profile - sdsc_create failed

HI, I have two Linux servers on which IBM Sterling ConnectDirect is installed. I want to transfer a file from server(abc20) to abc19. I have edited userfile.cfg & netmap.cfg on both the server still file transfer is not happening. Also the file is getting transferred from abc20 to abc20 itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABM_CD
5 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question