static password for a user in aix

Operating Systems AIX static password for a user in aix
# 1  
Old 10-14-2011
static password for a user in aix

Hi
i have a user named "sybase" in my aix box ?
i need a script to be run every minute which will always make the password of the user "sybase" to be set as : dbadmin
even if root user changes the password of the user, the script should run via cron and again set the password of the user sybase to be set as : dbadmin
can any one assist in writing the script Smilie
# 2  
Old 10-14-2011
Why in the world would you want to set a password to the same thing every minute? Do you have someone else changing it to something else every other minute?

Why not just set the password to never expire?
# 3  
Old 11-06-2011
Hi, I agree with juredd1 this is stupid but if you need it add to cron
echo "sybase:db2admin" |chpasswd -c set it as every minute or 10 Smilie
# 4  
Old 11-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gito
Hi, I agree with juredd1 this is stupid but if you need it add to cron
Why? Can't you set the password to never expire?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scp File from root user in one server to say crt user in another server and avoid password?

Can someone help in writing some script through which I can transfer file (scp) from root user in abc server to crt user in hfg server and can give the crt user password in script itself so that it doesn't prompt me every time for password (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
4 Replies

2. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies

3. AIX

Help with AIX password

Hi guys.... I found in basement one functional ThinkPad Power Series 850 from my father, unfortunately he is forgotten username and password for operating system (AIX 4.14) :wall:. if anyone has any idea how to get in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alfons_x
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

5. AIX

Can not remove static route from AIX 5.3

Dear all, I Try to remove a static route with smitty, but recieve this error: Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chginet): 0514-009 Cannot delete an object from the device configuration database. 0821-216 chginet: Cannot delete route (net,192.168.30.101,192.168.30.1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrkama
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX mkuser with password

Hi I want to create a user on AIX box. The only problem I have is I want to set it a password and the user doesn't have to change the password at his initial login. Is there any flag to do that. Any help would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandaru
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Virtualization question for non-AIX user

Hello, My first post to the Unix forums, thanks for having me! The division of the company I work for uses a xseries/redhat/VMWareServer solution to make sure that we keep hardware overhead low and use our machines to as near capacity as we can. These boxes are Intel with usually dual or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenteabagger
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password (AIX UNIX)

Need Help, I am new in unix. (AIX UNIX - RS 6000). I need a unix script to be able to change a unix password by just passing the user id and the new password. I need this script for the reason that my unix password should be the same on my applicatiion... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: randyth
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question