Root window banner

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Root window banner
# 1  
Old 02-16-2006
Root window banner

Does anyone know how I could display a banner at the root window level and posibly allow users to log in from the root window. I need to display a Warning Banner at the root window level so the users can read the warning then login.

Solaris 7 is the OS I am running

Thanks in advance

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with banner.

is there a way to reduce the size of the banner? banner -w ? TIA (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz26
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

only root can login through X window

Dear Friends I'm using Hp-unix release b.11.11 and i'm facing a problem to login through telnet session. i can login only by user root but other users can not login. but if i use x window application like (reflection X) all users can login with no problem. please kindly advice me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hai_jab
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Root window banner, Please help

Does anyone know how I could display a banner at the root window level and posibly allow users to log in from the root window. I need to display a Warning Banner at the root window level so the users can read the warning then login. Solaris 7 is the OS I am running Thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtoba
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner

How can I display a message to the crt whenever someone logs on? They do not see a unix prompt. I need to easily update this also. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beetlejuice
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with X11 Root Window

At school, on an HP-UX or B.11.11 U 9000/785 system, my X11 root window is always set to 8-bit color, but all the child windows are 24-bit. The problem with this, is any background/wallpaper looks extremely ugly with the 8-bit color. Is there any way to make X starts with 24-bit color root window?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljfong
0 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
Tk_CoordsToWindow(3tk)					       Tk Library Procedures					    Tk_CoordsToWindow(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_CoordsToWindow - Find window containing a point SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_Window Tk_CoordsToWindow(rootX, rootY, tkwin) ARGUMENTS
int rootX (in) X-coordinate (in root window coordinates). int rootY (in) Y-coordinate (in root window coordinates). Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window that identifies application. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_CoordsToWindow locates the window that contains a given point. The point is specified in root coordinates with rootX and rootY (if a virtual-root window manager is in use then rootX and rootY are in the coordinate system of the virtual root window). The return value from the procedure is a token for the window that contains the given point. If the point is not in any window, or if the containing window is not in the same application as tkwin, then NULL is returned. The containing window is decided using the same rules that determine which window contains the mouse cursor: if a parent and a child both contain the point then the child gets preference, and if two siblings both contain the point then the highest one in the stacking order (i.e. the one that's visible on the screen) gets preference. KEYWORDS
containing, coordinates, root window Tk Tk_CoordsToWindow(3tk)