wireless drivers for linux?

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers wireless drivers for linux?
# 1  
Old 03-22-2009
wireless drivers for linux?

so i downloaded a linux today,
but i ahve the problem that i cant connect to the internett becouse i need drivers.
annyone know where i can get the drivers?
# 2  
Old 03-22-2009
Distro?What kind of wireless card is?Chipset?
# 3  
Old 03-23-2009
found the drivers.
was for intel wifi 5100 (think it was named)

but, then another problem came.
so i red the "readme" but anny of the given commands there worked.
is there annything special i have todo?
# 4  
Old 03-25-2009
what error do you see when you run those commands? do you mind posting the output in this thread?
# 5  
Old 03-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton
found the drivers.
was for intel wifi 5100 (think it was named)

but, then another problem came.
so i red the "readme" but anny of the given commands there worked.
is there annything special i have todo?
You may need a new kernel. If you go to

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link drivers for Linux*

at the top of the page, there appears a paragraph stating your new interface is supported by a recent kernel release.

Can you confirm the kernel version you are using?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

See installed drivers in Linux

Hello everyone from Tenerife, Canary Islands. How can i see in Debian or similar operating system the installed drivers or controllers ? Best Regards https://image.ibb.co/kC5C87/winkho2.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnFissburyn
1 Replies

2. Linux

Nvidia Drivers for Oracle Linux

I'm installing Oracle Linux 6.1 and can't seem to get my second monitor to be recognized by the OS. I think that the issue is with the NVIDIA drivers but, after downloading and installing 3 different version of the RHEL driver I still can't get the second monitor to be recognized. Does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goose25
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wireless configuration on My linux

Hello All Please can some one help me to use my USB wireless card D-Link on my laptop i want to configure it, I am using madriva 2010 my system Acer Aspire 4315 i want to know how to configure it and where to get special driver to download the driver Please (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bealoumluka
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless internet on redhat linux ?

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection I have run the following steps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish1428
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wireless internet on redhat linux ?

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Regards, Girish. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
0 Replies

6. Programming

linux device drivers

hi, this is manju .... i want linux device drivers source codes. pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miraclemanju
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Need Bcm43XX Linux drivers

Hey I am using HP pavilion Notebook, I installed linux on my laptop. But i am unable to connect to internet, can any body help me out to get wireless linux Broadcom drivers for my notebook. Thanks kumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar_d
2 Replies

8. Linux

Wireless setup/configuration on Linux

hi all, :) Please let mew know some useful link that has some information about wireless set-up and configuration for Linux FC-8 on laptop. -regards Ashvin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashvin Gaur
2 Replies

9. Linux

Linux and Leaf Drivers?

Hi there, I thought a lot, wheather or not this thread belongs to this forum, hope I made the right choice. So my question: Is there such thing like leaf driver in Linux, in correspondance to the Solaris nexus/leaf device driver tree? I'm asking that in the context of writing a device driver... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyanov
3 Replies

10. Programming

Linux Device Drivers

Here is a cool book. And the price is right! Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question