# 1  
Old 06-13-2009
Display OS Release and Patch

Hi,

I have the following info when I do the uname -a

Linux
2.6.18-53.1.14.el5
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Similiarly Please let me know the command to display the OS Release.

Thanks
Sam
# 2  
Old 06-13-2009
uname -r
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4

Hello I have been asked to provide a security patch analysis of servers in my environment. For HPUX and Solaris there are tools wich can be loaded onto the servers to do this. However I do not know of one for Redhat . At this point I must mentioned that the Redhat servers are behind a firewall... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmsmith32
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Patch help?

Hello... I'm looking for latest patch for automount and what it does on Solaris8, Thanks! :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

patch

Dear All , I have Sun Solaries 7 sparc server ... am runing perl , CGI , MD5 ... etc for new web mail am setting up . now i have to install the patch ( xyz.pl.patch ) against a perl file for ex. xxx.pl what exact command i have to use ,,, also i do not want to make damage for my system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

patch

Dear Guys , I use Linux Red Hat 9 .. i installed a patch for a web mail i use , and i think it make a damage for my web mail i cannot see it anymore . i get so many error messages . what i want to ask is there any command on linux i can use to remove the patch !!! i want to remove the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

OS Patch

Hello, I have to apply the patch PHSS_24302 on HPUX B.11.11 os version. When i look at the /var/adm/sw/swagentd.log it mentions that "this is not a valid depot". I downloaded the patch from HP web site. Please get back to me at the earliest as I'm dead in the water. Thanks, Balaji K (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkrish
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question