Polymorphism delete vector problem

Top Forums Programming Polymorphism delete vector problem
# 1  
Old 11-05-2011
Polymorphism delete vector problem

Hi all

Really need some help here, i have a vector of pointer "vector<*e.g>store" i need to delete one of the chosen container and it seem like the normal way of deleting a vector cannot work!

P.S new to polymorphism
Thank

Here is a cut out of my codes
Code:
for(unsigned i=0;i<store.size();i++){
            temp=store[i]->getID();
            if(temp==input){
                //here should be the deleting vector code but i having problem
            }
        }

# 2  
Old 11-07-2011
I have solve my problem!!
Code:

for(unsigned i=0;i<store.size();i++){
            temp=store[i]->getID();
            if(temp==input){
                delete store[i];//free the memory to prevent memory leak
                store.erase(store.begin()+i);//prevent dangling point
                throw(4);
            }
        }

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vector normalisation

In AWK For 3 individual vectors of the form: -2.772 -9.341 -2.857 -5.140 -6.597 -1.823 -2.730 -5.615 1.159 I would like to write a script that parses line by line to (i) normalise, (ii) divide by the norm for *each* vector. I.e. sqrt(-2.772^2 + -9.341^2 + -2.857^2)=10.154 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
4 Replies

2. Programming

vector c++

hello guys. i'm new to c++. i've problem using two dimensional vector. i've a project of making conway's game of life. this is the code that i have made so far. my problem is how can i give a two dimensional vector through main. glider.vec1 = vec; is not correct way to give a two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
2 Replies

3. Programming

Array and Vector

Hi all, from my understanding I understand that I can use array in this manner. struct test { int a; int b; int c; }; test testing; //creating an array with the structer type testing.a=1; testing.b=2; testing.c=3; If I'm not wrong we can use array in this manner,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinzping
12 Replies

4. Programming

sort a vector

Hi all, I have a vector,the type of the element within it is list<int>,and i wanna sort this vector.So i implemented a function as a predicate for sort(the STL algorithm).Problem came when i missed the bold part in my code,g++ generated lots of error messages.And after i added the bold... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

5. Programming

C++ Map using a Vector as a Value Type?

I modified some code I found on Wikipedia concerning maps to see if it would work before applying it to a project I'm working on that has a similar idea. What I would want is for a user to be able to enter sentences and then be able to distinguish how many times a the person entered a word in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcgb20
4 Replies

6. Programming

c++ mutidimentional arrays using vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
1 Replies

7. Programming

multidimensional array using c++ vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

8. Programming

Vector Traversing

Hi i have the following structure struct S { char Mod_num; char val; char chr_nm_cd; } I am reading a 2GB file and inserting into the structure and writing into a vector. I feel like only vector will be a right option. I tried with multimap but it is memory intensive and hence i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting vector data

Hi, Currently I have two files; A and B. File A has below data:- -3 + <1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 > - 1] -2 + <8 8 3 4 0 3 7 9 1 3 > - 1] -1 + <3 7 3 4 8 2 7 2 1 2 > - 1] -3 + <2 2 3 4 3 1 7 8 8 2 > - 1] and File B has below data:- <9 1 1 4 2 6 3 8 8 9 > From these two files, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

10. Programming

Saving a vector to a file

Another C++ question, please do notify me if this forum is C-only! :) I'm having a vector... vector<Person> x; ... with a class I've defined (Person). I have several elements in this vector and I would like to save it to a file (binary (?)). And later on open up this file to retrieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question