How to synchronize all the linux machine?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to synchronize all the linux machine?
# 1  
Old 11-12-2004
How to synchronize all the linux machine?

Hi,
I have three Linux machine have three different times.
Can I synchronize them using one process?
I have root access.

Thanks!
# 2  
Old 11-12-2004
You should look into NTP.

Have a look at this HOWTO.

Cheers
ZB
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do we check the Linux machine OS?

I have IBM Z-Linux machine as well as RedHat Linux. Where do I see that the particular machine is z-Linux? below output from zlinux. $ uname -a Linux xxxxxxxHostname 2.6.18-406.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 1 10:42:26 EDT 2015 s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux below output from redhat. $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

2. Linux

Dhcp in use or not for Linux machine

Hi All. Can anyone let me know the smartest and fullprrof method of checkking whther any given linux machine is using DHCP or not? # ps -ef | grep dhcp gives output like below : root 3251 3128 0 11:02 pts/0 00:00:00 grep dhcp so i dont think its full proof method , please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Best way to sync time on a Linux machine

I wanted to know which should be the best way to sync time for a linux machine. We have an application server and a database server, both using RHEL 5.8 as the OS. It is important that the time on both these servers match together and also sync with a common time source. As per my knowledge, these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
11 Replies

4. Red Hat

Redhat Linux machine not coming up

We have a Redhat Enterprise Linux server which is not in production environment. Unfortunately it is not logging. How to trouble shoot it ?? How to know the exact problem ? :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to LINUX machine as a router.

Hi guys, could you help me to configure my Linux machine to behave as router? Scenario: Machine OS: CentOS 6.2 NIC: eth0: configured with a static IP by the ISP. eth1: not configured yet Virtual Machine: CentOS 5.7 NIC : eth0 : not configured yet eth1 : not configured yet... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the only ip (nothing else) of my linux machine?

How i can get the only ip (nothing else) of my linux machine using shell script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to get mail working on a Linux machine

I tried using the mail command on one of our Linux machines to send email, and it works fine. I tried using the same command on another one of our Linux machines, and it didn't work (no error message was returned either). The machine that works has the following version information:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sllinux
2 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

more than one linux on same machine?????

can i install more than one linux on a same machine......... i.e fedora and Kubuntu on asame machine..... will it affect a performance?????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question