User/group reporting tool?

Operating Systems Solaris User/group reporting tool?
# 1  
Old 04-15-2008
Java User/group reporting tool?

My users and groups have gotten out of control on a lot of my servers. Is their some tool out there that can give me a report on;

1. users
2. what groups they are assigned to
3. comment field
4. last login

Something that can pull all this into a nice graphical page for the bosses to look at.

Soalris 8 and 9 boxes.
# 2  
Old 04-15-2008
maybe the smc (solaris management console) can give you the information you are looking for. if not you maybe need to write a small script to collect the needed data for you.
# 3  
Old 04-15-2008
Code:
for i in $(logins -u| nawk '{print $1}')
do
  logins -mx -l $i
  last $i | head -1
  echo
done

Nice graphical page left as an exercise for the reader Smilie
# 4  
Old 04-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
Code:
for i in $(logins -u| nawk '{print $1}')
do
  logins -mx -l $i
  last $i | head -1
  echo
done

Nice graphical page left as an exercise for the reader Smilie
there was a problem with the first line...

Code:
for i in `logins -u | awk '{print $1}'`

the rest works fine for me....

and a "cut" is much faster then "awk" in this case....

Code:
for i in `logins -u | cut -d " " -f1`

# 5  
Old 04-15-2008
Awesome !!!

Now exporting the output into a excel spreedsheet Smilie
# 6  
Old 04-15-2008
What is the Linux equivalent to the logins command?
# 7  
Old 04-15-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
there was a problem with the first line...
Not really a problem unless you use an obsolete, non POSIX shell ...

Also, your substitute nawk by awk which makes that part roughly four times slower. I'm ruling out you have /usr/xpg4/bin first in your PATH otherwise you wouldn't have complained about the POSIX $(...) syntax.
Quote:
and a "cut" is much faster then "awk" in this case....
You are correct here. Perhaps speed is no big deal in the OP case and I find the (n)awk syntax more readable.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies

2. Debian

Group/User

Can someone help in creating a group and user. syntax to create a Group called Members. syntax to create a user called AAAA and place in to the Group Members. Thanks for your help in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sawyer
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Create New User with the same group nd privileges of the other user

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to duplicate privileges and group for useroradb01 to userrootdb01. I have currently using "useroradb01" and create a newly user "userrootdb01". I want both in the sames privileges and group. Please see the existing users list below; drwxr-xr-x 53 useroradb01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Reporting and administration tool for bind server

Hi Friends, I have two DNS (bind 9) servers (master and slave) running in my network. I want to impliment one reporting and administration tool for these DNS servers. Please suggest me which one is good for this. Regards, Arumon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tool to monitor user activity

Hello, Does any one knows any tools or method to monitor users all activities on Solaris 8, including command and its result. Similar to 'script' ??? Thanks nana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nana
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user/group

Hi! Herez the scenario 1. logged in as user xxxx $ id uid=125(xxxx) gid=101(my_grp) groups=0(system),15(users),16(sysadmin),19(adm),110(appl) $ touch test $ ls -la test -rw-r--r-- 1 xxxx system 0 Mar 7 14:31 test Why is the group of the file test 'system' and not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdharmap
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Group

I can't get a clear answer on this one... I have a Oracle user created in group 'dba' when this user touches a file the group displayed is 'sys' - why? The 'sys' group is not included in the list of secondary groups for this user. Is this standard to Oracle on Unix? (AIX) Anybody? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: errolg
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question