Total Posts - Confusion

Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Total Posts - Confusion
# 1  
Old 01-19-2006
Total Posts - Confusion

Admin & Moderators,

I was browsing through the control panel.
To my astonishment found that there was a mismatch in the posts count.

In the User's (matrixmadhan) control panel.
Total Posts count = 225.

When I clicked find all posts.
Showed,
Displaying 227 posts.

In addition to that,
I replied to two of the posts as being triple duplicated.
But after some time, I couldnt see the post itself.

Could somebody please clarify this confusion?

Thanks,
Mad.
# 2  
Old 01-19-2006
The database counters need to be rebuilt occasionally to compensate for deleted posts, etc. I don't like to do this often because it is resource intensive to rebuilt the entire database index.
# 3  
Old 01-20-2006
Admin - Thanks for the reply.

I had seen only the threads being closed if they are duplicated ( or against the rules of the forum) and even sometimes being deleted. But we do have an indication stating that the thread has been deleted for reason so and so.

Anyway main part was absolutely cleared.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

confusion in use of exit 0

hi i am new to shell scripting. i was going thru the part option and arguments. on this section i fail to understand the use of exit 0 in below example . #!/bin/sh USAGE="Usage: $0 " case "$1" in -t) TARGS="-tvf $2" ;; -c) TARGS="-cvf $2.tar $2" ;; *) echo "$USAGE" exit 0 ;; esac... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with PS

Hello All, I have a problem in counting number of process getting run with my current script name.. Here it is ps -ef | grep $0 | grep -v grep This display just one line with the PID, PPID and other details when i print it in the script. But when I want to count the numbers in my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sum total number of record and total number of record problem asking

Input file SFSQW 5192.56 HNRNPK 611.486 QEQW 1202.15 ASDR 568.627 QWET 6382.11 SFSQW 4386.3 HNRNPK 100 SFSQW 500 Desired output file SFSQW 10078.86 3 QWET 6382.11 1 QEQW 1202.15 1 HNRNPK 711.49 2 ASDR 568.63 1 The way I tried: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Printer confusion

I have printer old about 5 year , but I can not determine which driver to use output of ls -al /usr/share/lib/terminfo/h -rw-r--r-- 1 root bin 961 Jan 22 2005 h1000 -rw-r--r-- 1 root bin 1002 Jan 22 2005 h1420 -rw-r--r-- 1 root bin 1009... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'tr' confusion

Good day, everyone! Could anybody explain me the following situation. If I'm running similar script: Var="anna.kurnikova" Var2="Anna Kurn" echo $Var | tr -t "$Var" "$Var2" Why the output is : anna KurniKova instead of Anna Kurnikova? :confused: Thank you in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nafanja
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep running total/ final total across multiple files

Ok, another fun hiccup in my UNIX learning curve. I am trying to count the number of occurrences of an IP address across multiple files named example.hits. I can extract the number of occurrences from the files individually but when you use grep -c with multiple files you get the output similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrAd
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISO Confusion?

Hiya folks, Just a quick question. When I am ready to download Fedora core 4, do I need to download all 4 ISO files? Or just one, I think myself it would be all 4 but dont want to sit and wait around if I only need to download one. Also after downloading the Iso files, do I burn one file to one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Pinky
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clear confusion

Hi, In some machines when i type "clear" it completely clears all the contents on that window but on some it simply scrolls up all the content. How can i change this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question