Connect Perl with MS Access (.mdb file)

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect Perl with MS Access (.mdb file)
# 1  
Old 11-20-2012
Connect Perl with MS Access (.mdb file)

Hi Guys, How All are Doing
In Perl I am getting an issue that I want to share with all you guys.

I have a .mdb file(MS Access) that contain many tables. With the help of Perl I want to Connect that mdb file and after Connecting I want to fire a sql query lets say (select * from Table1).

Regards
Adi
# 2  
Old 11-20-2012
Have you tried using ActiveX in Perl to connect to MDB to run query or macro?
# 3  
Old 11-21-2012
The Perl is installed in my Linux Box(HP UX)
# 4  
Old 11-21-2012
To connect from Perl to an MS Access database on Linux you could use the Easysoft Accss-ODBC driver.

To connect from Perl to ODBC you are going to need to install the CPAN Perl modules DBI and DBD::ODBC. On the Easysoft site go into the Developer section then Perl and look for the page "Enabling ODBC support in Perl with Perl DBI and DBD::ODBC"
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to ms access

I am new to bash scripting,can anyone suggest a way to connect to ms access through a bash script (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to MySQL from Perl using DBI

Hi, I want to connect perl with the mysql to select and so on but the connection don't work code #!/usr/bin/perl BEGIN { # PERL MODULES WE WILL BE USING use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('DBI:mysql:C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data\db1','','pass') or die $DBI::errstr;} #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to retrieve stack trace from core using mdb

Hello , I use Solaris 5.10 . I have huge core file , 48 GB , resulted from an application that was running and got crashed with SIGSEGV. On my system only mdb works. Please help me to retrieve the stack trace from this core file. I am novice to mdb and its nuaunces. Please help me with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
2 Replies

4. Programming

how to write Microsoft Access MDB file to a text file, using C ?

I'm in the UNIX environment. I'd like to read a Microsoft Access MDB file, and write the contents of that file into an ASCII text file. I want to write a C program to do this. Does anyone know if there's already source code out there that does this? Please advise. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to NCBI using perl

hai everybody - wish you a happy and prosperous new year I want to connect to NCBI database and I need to track the updates made on database automatically. Can I do this in PERL, if yes means , please guide me ............... Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pnehru156
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect ORACLE using PERL

Hi Friends, I am having Perl 5 and Oracle 9i. I just wanna to connect Oracle DB & to perform some select query statement. Could anyone pls let me know. I've tried below command which i found in some website, But it throws some error.:confused: Executed: perl -e 'use DBI; print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to connect to soulseek with perl?

Hello im trying to find way to connect to soulseek with perl to try and work with soulseek in none graphic mode , can perl do that ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question