Problem with curses library on Mac OS 10.2 darwin

Top Forums Programming Problem with curses library on Mac OS 10.2 darwin
# 1  
Old 07-22-2005
Problem with curses library on Mac OS 10.2 darwin

Hello,
I am trying to write a simple program with functions in the ncurses library, on a Mac running OSX 10.2.8, with the compiler and libraries that were included in the Dec 2002 Developer's tools release (the last one that runs on Jaguar, as far as I know). When I try to compile, I get unrecognized symbol errors for all curses specific functions and definitions:
ld: Undefined symbols:
_LINES
_endwin
_initscr
_stdscr
_waddnstr
_wclear
_wgetch
_wmove
_wrefresh

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
marks
# 2  
Old 07-22-2005
Did u compile your program with -lcurses option ?
# 3  
Old 07-22-2005
fixed !!

-lcurses appears to have solved the problem. Thanks for an incredibly swift response.
-marks
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for using curses library

I am using curses library for graphics on linux. I have created a static GUI which contains two boxes which cover the whole screen, but when i make the screen small it shows only the half GUI, it does'nt adjust according to the the new window size. I want the GUI to adjust according to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apapap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Locking with fcntl on Darwin Mac OSX

Hello I have a Perl script that works on non-darwin Mac OS X environments and I think I have narrowed down the issue to a file locking problem. In other linux environments, the flock struct is defined differently. I have adjusted this via the reference for Mac OS X fcntl(2) man page. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies

3. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

4. Programming

Someone can give me some document about Curses Library?

I am programming on Linux using curses library but I found the document is not sufficient.Someone can help me? Thank you!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yixudong
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open Darwin iso problem.

Very new to OD and unix. I need to know how to create a bootable CD from the ISO. thanks :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Front
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Darwin typeset -i

From the bash manpage: typeset ] What I'm trying to do is add two values in hexadecimal and have the resulting number display in hexadecimal. What I get is the result displayed in decimal. For instance: a=0x10 b=0x30 ((c=a+b)) echo $c ...displays 64. The arithmatic is correct, but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loriel
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make for Mac OS X (Darwin)

Can anyone tell me where to find "make". I have performed an exhaustive search of my system using find - to no avail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garb
2 Replies

8. Programming

Can't find curses library

I am writing a c program with the use of the curses but when i tried compiling i get the error that the curses library is not found the header file i included is curses.h and th command i typed is gcc -o chat chat.c -lcurses 1) Is this correct in linux? 2) found a file libncurses.so.5.2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xenon830
1 Replies

9. Programming

curses (ncurses) library question

Hi again. I'm using the curses functions simply to output data to the screen in certain areas. Very simple, just using the full screen, no windows. The problem is that I'm calling mvprintw from within several child processes in the same session, and the output is going bananas. ie, no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TelePlayer
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question