Crons executed multiple times.

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crons executed multiple times.
# 1  
Old 03-14-2007
Crons executed multiple times.

For some reason my crons are being executed twice. Any suggestion?? I'm currently on 5.8
# 2  
Old 03-14-2007
Two cron daemons running? The same jobs in two crontab files? When you say "5.8", I assume you mean Solaris. What does /var/cron/log say about it?

Carl
# 3  
Old 03-14-2007
I found the problem. There were two cron processes running (ps -ef | grep cron). I killed the older process.

Thanks.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Multiple process found when executed from script

Hi All, I came across a weird scenario which i couldnt explain why. As part of script which is run as /bin/sh shebang, we are trying to check if there is any process that runs with the same name ignoring the current process and kill it. But for some reason, there are 2 process returned as part... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varathaneie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help using one variable multiple times

I apologize for the title but I am not even sure myself what to call this. I am going to use an example of a pizza delivery. I need to make an interactive script that allows users to order a certain number of pizzas, and then choose what they want on each pizza. Here is my code so far.... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstadnyk1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Column Multiple Times

Hello, I wonder if it my problem can be solved. Inside File1.txt, there are 3 columns. Inside File 2.txt, contain certain variable(in this case, only "3"). So I want to : (copy File 1 x Variable in File 2). Expected result are File 3.txt. Any help are really appreciated. File 1.txt -92.033... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Multiple Times ?

hey mates, I was wondering if someone could assist me with this one, I have couple scripts that I would like to invoke from .sh ( One after another ) Script1 Script2 Script3 Is it possible to run script 2 after script one finished running ? And again start script 3 after script 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The loop was executed $count times

#!/bin/sh count=0 for i in 2 4 6 do echo "i is $i" count='expr $count + 1' done echo "The loop was executed $count times" with these scripts my output is : i is 2 i is 4 i is 6 The loop was executed expr $count + 1 times What should I do to get the value instead of 'expr... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymwong
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing one thing multiple times

Hi, I wrote a awk line here: awk 'BEGIN {OFS="\t"} {print $0, int(rand()*($2-$1 + 1) + $1) }' filename Basically what it does is that it takes the start (column 1) and stop (column 2) and generates a random # in between start and stop. I want to take this a step further and have it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple commands to be executed at the same time

how to execute more than one command at the same time in unix .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching multiple times in same line

Hi, I am stuck with pattern matching. I need to match a particular pattern several times in a same line and replace them. for ex., I need to convert (abc XY) (bvf ZY) bla bla to XY ZY bla bla I tried.. s/\(+ (.+)\)/$1/gi and it works (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question