MPI error message and other applicatioins

Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing MPI error message and other applicatioins
# 1  
Old 08-13-2009
Question MPI error message and other applicatioins

1st,I'm a newbie.

I've written a mpi program to realize the parallel computing and encounter many problems.

1. When the computing scale is small, that means the communication time is short, just needs few minutes, such as 14 minutes or less. The program runs well and finished the jog.

But when the computing scale is bigger, that means need hours of running to finish,probelms come. After about half an hour's running,the program exsit with abnormal,the error message is that:p4_error: interrupt SIGx: 6
but the calculating result in the running time is correct.I don't understand the meaning of this error message. Any one can interpret it to me specifically? And if someone could give me the mpi error message list to chech each message's meaning , I'll appreciate it a lot.

2. I'd like to set one rank as the master rank, and give it higher priority. But I still don't know how to se the priority in unix. Maybe someone could give me a way.

Thank you for all your help.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

FFTW - ./configure --enable-mpi error.

Hello I am trying to install fftw3.3.3 on an HPC system. The system has openmpi installed ( though we can choose between a variety of mpi distributions). However, while ./configure step of fftw, there is an error. The relevant section of the output is: checking whether to build shared... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi34101
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Message parsing interface (MPI) program

Hi, I need to install the following program on my Linux box (Red Hat) Software for Pyrosequencing Noise Removal The software only runs on Linux computers with MPI -I do not have MPI on my computer. I was hoping someone could please point me in the right direction so I can download and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

MPI - Error on sending argv

Hi all, I write a simple MPI program to send a text message to another process. The code is below. (test.c) #include "mpi.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> int main(int argc, char* argv) { int dest, noProcesses, processId; MPI_Status status; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awiles
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I am getting a error message when I try to assign this? Can someone help I am new to unix? $ First-name=james ksh:First-Name=james not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does this Error Message Mean

Hi I found the following error message in my logs: warning: /etc/hosts.deny, line 6: can't verify hostname: getaddrinfo(localhost) didn't return ::ffff:222.255.28.33 What is the error message trying to indicate? That there is a problem with line 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error message

I get this error message as soon as i log in -bash: /usr/local/software/.../vni/CTT6.0/ctt/bin/lopt64.sh: No such file or directory I looked into the etc/profile but there are no lines sourcing this file. And there is no lopt64.sh in the directory vni/.../bin I couldn't fogure out what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsmv
4 Replies

8. AIX

Error Message with ls

When I try to list a directory that I have been using rsync to copy, I now am getting the following message. root # ls -alt /directory ls: /directory: Value too large to be stored in data type. total 0 I can change directory and list the contents of directories within /directory, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallender
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

Hi everyone, Can anyone explain what the following error refers to...and perhaps a solution? vxfs: vx_nospace -/tmp file system full (8 block extent) Thanks, Uni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
MPI_Op_c2f(3)							      LAM/MPI							     MPI_Op_c2f(3)

NAME
MPI_Op_c2f - Convert an op handle from its C representation to its Fortran representation SYNOPSIS
#include <mpi.h> MPI_Fint MPI_Op_c2f(MPI_Op op) INPUT PARAMETER
op - C op handle RETURN VALUE
f_handle - Fortran op handle NOTES FOR FORTRAN
All MPI routines in Fortran (except for MPI_WTIME and MPI_WTICK ) have an additional argument ierr at the end of the argument list. ierr is an integer and has the same meaning as the return value of the routine in C. In Fortran, MPI routines are subroutines, and are invoked with the call statement. All MPI objects (e.g., MPI_Datatype , MPI_Comm ) are of type INTEGER in Fortran. ERRORS
This function does not return the normal MPI_SUCCESS integer value upon success. Instead, it returns a handle to the converted object. If an error occurs, the appropriate NULL handle will be returned. SEE ALSO
MPI_Op_c2f(3) MORE INFORMATION
For more information, please see the official MPI Forum web site, which contains the text of both the MPI-1 and MPI-2 standards. These documents contain detailed information about each MPI function (most of which is not duplicated in these man pages). http://www.mpi-forum.org/ LOCATION
handles.c LAM
/MPI 7.1.4 6/24/2006 MPI_Op_c2f(3)