cuting the entries from one file and copy to other

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cuting the entries from one file and copy to other
# 1  
Old 08-03-2005
cuting the entries from one file and copy to other

refer earlier message

Last edited by vasikaran; 08-03-2005 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: double entry

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy the content from txt file and create a html file

I have a txt file with a list of error messages in a xml tag format, and each error message is separated with a identifier(endresult).Need to split that and copy and create a new html file.Error message has some special character. how to escape the special character and insert my data into the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevAakash
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file name and copy old file content to new file names.

Hi, I have a files in a directory as below :- ls -1 mqdepth-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC01 proc-mq-S1STC02 proc-mq-S1STC03 Whereever i have S1STC i need to copy them into new file with file name S2STC. expected output :- ls -1 mqdepth-S2STC02 proc-mq-S2STC01 proc-mq-S2STC02... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies

4. Programming

how to copy downloaded file into my source file folder (putty/unix)

I need to "Ensure that when you download libchat.a from the VLE you have copied it to the same folder on ius as your source files. You then refer to the library (and the libraries it needs) with: gcc -o outputfile sourcefile.c -L. -lchat -lsocket -lnsl" But I have no idea what this means! (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakuse
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Copy certain file types recursively while maintaining file structure on destination?

Hi guys, I have just been bothered by a fairly small issue for some time now. I am trying to search (using find -name) for some .jpg files recursively. This is a Redhat environment with bash. I get this job done though I need to copy ALL of them and put them in a separate folder BUT I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a windows CVS file to the unix server as a svs file

I so desperately need a script to copy a windows csv file to my unix server and i know these should be at dummies but i have no bits. it is life & no job situation help please. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhegal
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file from a dvd to the local AIX file system

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX, so please bear with me. I have mounted a dvd drive on AIX. I am trying to copy the file that is on the dvd drive on to the local machine. However, I get an error: cp: c1m_0001.gz: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Can some one point me to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurag1510
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy file contents into an existing file at a specific location

Hi all I need to copy the entire contents of one file into an existing file at a specific location. I know the exact line number where I need to put it. It appears I would use either sed or awk to do this, but I have been unsuccessful so far: File A line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshepherd7
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cuting String?

Hi, In my script I am getting $i value is "/opt/msc/arb/Server/transactionData/orders/print/processed/PE186_.ps" I need to get only this value "PE186_.ps".. how to get? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
REG_HOSTER(3PVM)						  PVM Version 3.4						  REG_HOSTER(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_reg_hoster - Register task as PVM slave starter. SYNOPSIS
C #include <pvmsdpro.h> int cc = pvm_reg_hoster() Fortran Not Available DESCRIPTION
Registers the calling task as a PVM slave pvmd starter. When the master pvmd receives a DM_ADD message, instead of starting the new slave pvmd processes itself, it passes a message to the hoster, which does the dirty work and sends a message back to the pvmd. Note: This function isn't for beginners. If you don't grok what it does, you probably don't need it. For a more complete explanation of what's going on here, you should refer to the PVM source code and/or user guide section on implementation; this is just a man page. That said... When the master pvmd receives a DM_ADD message (request to add hosts to the virtual machine), it looks up the new host IP addresses, gets parameters from the host file if it was started with one, and sets default parameters. It then either attempts to start the processes (using rsh or rexec()) or, if a hoster has registered, sends it a SM_STHOST message. The format of the SM_STHOST message is: int nhosts // number of hosts { int tid // of host string options // from hostfile so= field string login // in form ``[username@]hostname.domain'' string command // to run on remote host } [nhosts] The hoster should attempt to run each command on each host and record the result. A command usually looks like: $PVM_ROOT/lib/pvmd -s -d8 -nhonk 1 80a9ca95:0f5a 4096 3 80a95c43:0000 and a reply from a slave pvmd like: ddpro<2312> arch<ALPHA> ip<80a95c43:0b3f> mtu<4096> When finished, the hoster should send a SM_STHOSTACK message back to the address of the sender (the master pvmd). The format of the reply message is: { int tid // of host, must match request string status // result line from slave or error code } [] // implied count The TIDs in the reply must match those in the request. They may be in a different order, however. The result string should contain the entire reply (a single line) from each new slave pvmd, or an error code if something went wrong. Legal error codes are the literal names of the pvm_errno codes, for example ``PvmCantStart''. The default PVM hoster can return PvmDSysErr or PvmCantStart, and the slave pvmd itself can return PvmDupHost. The hoster must use pvm_setmwid() to set the wait ID in the reply message to the same value as in the request. The wait ID in the request is obtained by calling pvm_getmwid(). The hoster task must use pvm_setopt(PvmResvTids, 1) to allow sending reserved messages. Messages should be packed using encoding Pvm- DataDefault to ensure they can be unpacked anywhere in the system. pvm_reg_hoster() returns PvmOk when successful. SEE ALSO
pvm_addhosts(3PVM), pvm_config(3PVM), pvm_setmwid(3PVM) 4 March, 1994 REG_HOSTER(3PVM)