Place 'find' results within TeX command

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Place 'find' results within TeX command
# 1  
Old 12-14-2010
substitute: echo or ex ?

Hi,

In an effort to collect all my .java-files and place them in a LaTeXfile (using the listings environment of latex), i tried to use ex.
So what i have now is:

Code:
find . -name "*\.java" > latex
ex latex <<HERE
%s/\(.*\)/\\lstinputlisting{\1}
wq
HERE

So i try to escape the '\' with another '\' but this doesn't work. So someone suggested me to use echo, which would be alot easier.

So i tried:

Code:
echo \lstinputlisting{$(find . -name "*/.java")}

But this wraps the 'lstinputlisting' around all the results together and not around each result individually.

Anyone has a suggestion ? I'd prefer to use echo, but i can't find how to use it properly to get the right outcome. So just need an echo command to wrap \lstinputlisting{} around every search result.

Last edited by HannesBBR; 12-14-2010 at 04:51 PM..
# 2  
Old 12-15-2010
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find with rm command gives strange results

I want to remove any files that are older than 2 days from a directory. It deletes those files. Then it comes back with a message it is a directory. What am I doing wrong here? + find /mydir -mtime +2 -exec rm -f '{}' ';' rm: /mydir is a directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtamminen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script find command not printing any results

Hello, Hitting a wall on this one. When at the command prompt it works fine: # find /home/testuser -name 'PAINT*canvasON.txt' /home/testuser/PAINT_canvasON.txt # pwd /home/testuser # ls -l PAINT*canvasON.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root user 23 Feb 07 02:58 PAINT_canvasON.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Place the results of a CUT command into a variable

I am being passed a file in UNIX, ie: variable.txt I need to extract the first part of the file content, up to the period, content ie: common_dir.second_output cut -d'.' -f1 /content/stores/variable.txt I then need to utilize the results to create a variable ($1), and test on that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talonbow
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find regex, place on individual lines and insert blank line before

Hello, I have a file that I want to be able to insert a new line before every instance of a regex. I can get it to do this for each line that contains the regex, but not for each instance. Contents of infile: Test this 1... Test this 2... Test this 3... Test this 4... Test this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deneuve01
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find backshash and place the content in next line

Hi All, I am new to the forum and scripting...Can someone help me with a code.. My input file will be like $cat first aa a\b bb\ccccc\ddd ee*e\fff\ggg output should be aa a\ b bb\ ccccc\ ddd ee*e\ fff\ ggg I tried with cat first | awk '{ gsub( /\\/, "/\\/" );... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhanmo
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command gave unexpected results

Hi, I recently executed a find command that caused unexpected permission changes and we had to do a full system restore. Can someone please explain what this command would do? find /staging/admin/scr * -exec chmod 755 '{}' + It caused file permissions inside / to be modified strangely. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poornima
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and place two blank lines

Hi friends, I am looking for a line to find a particular string in my file and once found then replace with 2-3 blank lines before the string Example: aaa 11 bbb 1 2 3 aaa 22 bbb 4 5 6 Output (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looking for patterns/tex in a .doc file

I'm learning Unix on my mac, and know that the grep command only works in text files. But what if I want to search for text/patters in a doc file, say? (I write my letters in NeoOffice and save them in .doc format). Is there a unix command that can do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit results of a find command

Hi Purpose is to have a utility command to find and edit files . I tried a function like the following in my .profile file function vifind(){ find . -name $1 -print -exec vi {} \; } Is this correct? is there a better way to do it? I see this behaving a bit strange in case of AIX, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_whoami
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending find command results to email

This is probably simple so forgive me... I just want to find all files in a folder created within the last 10 minutes... This is easy: # find /home/folder -cmin -10 If the find command locates any files created in the last ten minutes I want it to send an email alert. I just want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gardellap
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question