X11 / Xorg / XFree modules documentation

Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers X11 / Xorg / XFree modules documentation
# 1  
Old 12-23-2006
X11 / Xorg / XFree modules documentation

It is possible to load many modules using xorg.conf, for example:
Code:
Section "Module"
	Load	"i2c"
	Load	"bitmap"
	Load	"ddc"
	Load	"dri"
	Load	"extmod"
	Load	"freetype"
	Load	"glx"
	Load	"int10"
	Load	"type1"
	Load	"vbe"
EndSection

Is there some online/ps/pdf documentation about each of these modules?

For example ${THIS} modules is needed to achieve that and that and provides extensions for that and that ...

Is something like that exists?

If not please put here links that provide other X11 / Xorg / XFree documentation.

Thanks in advance.
# 2  
Old 12-24-2006
These forums are text/console focused and graphical modes/interfaces are rarely discussed here, is that is why I got no response?
# 3  
Old 12-27-2006
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Problems with xorg.conf

Hi folks, I'm using a virtual machine to run Ubuntu 9.04 and I tried modify the xorg.conf following the steps by other pages and I always have problems when I restart the vmachine (Sun VirtualBox). This is my xorg.conf ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No xorg.conf or XF86Config

There is no xorg.conf file and no XF86Config file on a certain FreeBSD machine: # locate xorg.conf /usr/local/man/man5/xorg.conf.5.gz # locate XF86Config # Can someone let me know if that means that there is a bare bones set up possible only? xrandr works fine, but I am looking for ways to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keychord mapping in Xorg

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to rebind key-chords (combinations of multiple keys, like Control+M) under X. My motivation is that these chords interfere with keyboard bindings in emacs. For example, I cannot bind anything containing Control+M: as far as emacs can see it is the same key as 'RET'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: i386
0 Replies

6. BSD

OpenBSD: Xorg at boot?

SOLUTION: 11 - The X Window System What's the method proper to have Xorg start after OBSD boots? Thanks! :p (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question