can't find named.conf to configuration DNS

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't find named.conf to configuration DNS
# 1  
Old 04-04-2006
can't find named.conf to configuration DNS

Help me!
I have problem.
I can't find named.conf file in /etc (Solaris 5.6,SPRAC)
Please!
# 2  
Old 04-04-2006
It matters what named you are running - if it's version 4 , then look for /etc/named.boot. Or check your startup file which should give you a clue of where it's all at. That's if it is even running as a server - if it's only a client, the only file you should find is /etc/resolv.conf.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Compare zone files in directory with what is listed in named.conf

I would really appreciate any assistance that I can get here. I am fairly new to perl. I am trying to rewrite my shell scripts to perl. Currently I have a shell script (using sed, awk, grep, etc) that gets a list of all of the zone files in a directory and then looks in named.conf for what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies

2. Solaris

best configuration for syslog.conf

I would like to configure the syslog.conf to have a good monitoring information about my system. do you have any idea about best configuration from your experience in your Data Centers BR, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Named - DNS Server - within Firewall

I spent hours trying to create a system where the name server returns a value of 192.168.100.5 locally, but 209.137.nnn.nnn for requests outside of the firewall. If I run "nslookup mail.mydomain.com" from a machine inside the firewall, the 192.168 number is returned, but if I do "nslookup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

6. AIX

resolv.conf and DNS configration

Guys, I have enabled the resolv.conf to be configured with our DNS Network and it's configured when I ping any hostname in my Network from the server it's giving me the hostname of that machine (witch mean it's working fine ) but I‘m facing slowness in my connection when I rename... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

seeking help with perl to read named.conf

Hello, I am seeking help with someone with perl expertise that can create me a script that will read a named.conf file and create a csv or a text file on each of the zones that the named.conf contains. An excerpt of named.conf looks like: acl "our_nets" { 127.0.0.1/32; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Named (DNS Name Server) question

As suggested by the forum I'm posting in, I'm very new at this, so bear with me please. I'm using a Virtual Dedicated server (Linux) from GoDaddy and using Simple Control Panel. A few days ago, the sites running off of it stopped working, and I did manage to troubleshoot it to some extent where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KevenM
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns and resolv.conf

Hi ,,still struggling with unix ,,the system is running sco openserver release 5 and have dsl installed ,, the dsl modem is a bt router which in turn is connected to a vpn hardware router,, which also serves internet to the whole network ,, but i still cant connect to the internet via the unix box... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: b03der
10 Replies

10. IP Networking

DNS daemon named

I found the /usr/sbin/in.named file but it is encoded. I tried the /usr/sbin/ndc rstart command to start the DNS server but it didn't work. Are there any other commands to start the DNS server beside the one I tried? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question