UNIX linked to Windows Urgent

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX linked to Windows Urgent
# 1  
Old 09-07-2005
Computer UNIX linked to Windows Urgent

hey guys! I know this one is simple since you are the gurus. To make a long story short can i install an oracle database on a unix server and link to that server with a asystem that was written in Visual Basic 6?
Please help
# 2  
Old 09-07-2005
Yes.
In my case Sybase is installed on Solaris UNIX and using VBA (so possible with VB too) I am accessing data from the Sybase database.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies

3. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer messages linked to a unix ID

I receive unix printer error message when I am logged into a application running on Unix. This distrots the application. I want to get rid of this messages or direct these messages to another UNIX login. How do I do that? (Note can anyone tell me where I can find the above in Sun Solaris & in AIX)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashley0
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing windows server alias name on windows or unix?

My situation is that we have production unix scripts that ftp files over to a windows server. I'm not sure if its a 2000 or 2003 server as I dont work on server, more on the unix side. It turns out that they are changing servers on the network. So they are migrating our data over from say Server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP Unix | Urgent Need Help

Hi, I'm new to unix and i'm using HP Unix I tried the following and getting error like 1. $sam sh:sam not found 2.Also i want to monitor/trace other user's command what they are using when am in to the same server Appreciate if any one help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgobinathan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from unix to windows - urgent help required

I'm trying to ftp from a Unix machine to a Windows machine.. I've tried the following #!/bin/sh #set -x USER="user1" PASS="pass1" HOSTNAME="host1" ftp -n -i -v $HOSTNAME << EOT user $USER $PASS cd / send text1.txt close bye EOT When I try to run this, I get prompted for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_sal_manu
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Urgent Need for Assistance: Triggering Windows bat files from UNIX

Hello, Is there a way to trigger a Windows bat file or program on a different machine from a different UNIX server using KSC file? I hope you can assist me with this. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: punyenye
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Need your help --New to Unix

I am getting data like this in a flat file seg No Test A4 0000002595, A2, test ,Datatest Test, A1 0000002595, A1,SELF , Employed,1,2,3,400.50 Test, A2 0000002595, A2, test ,Data,eurp Test, A3 0000002595, A2, test ,Data I need to produce a flat file so that output file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikeng
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question