Command Not running in script

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command Not running in script
# 1  
Old 05-21-2007
CPU & Memory Command Not running in script

Hi Everyone , have a nice day

root@sdp01a>SS7Manager -status

the problem with above given expression is that i cant add it in script , it only executes if manually given at remote node , can anyone tell me some way to run it in scripts , also i have few more commands aswell , which are for status checking ,

Regards and thanks in advance
# 2  
Old 05-21-2007
It is probably checking ctermid or something like isatty to detemine if it is being run from a script or from the keyboard. SS7Manager sounds like proprietary software from a vendor. Do they have a solution - or is this thing a security risk when run from a shell script?
# 3  
Old 05-21-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastard
root@sdp01a>SS7Manager -status

the problem with above given expression is that i cant add it in script , it only executes if manually given at remote node , can anyone tell me some way to run it in scripts , also i have few more commands aswell , which are for status checking ,

What exactly happens?

Does the script not find the command to execute?
Does it start the command, which then aborts?
Are there any error messages?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need a Bash script for iterating thru an array and running a command

Hi , I am a total beginner so bear with me. I have the below code which works . I need to extend it by iterating thru the array arr and executing a command in each loop. some thing on the lines of below. I need to run this in a Jenkins script , so I would need below bash script to run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SVRao19056
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps command showing full code of running script

Hi, I have a script running while rsync command is fired to push some files. The output of rsync cmd has been redirected to the script which is used to generate log files containing progress info with formatting. when I enter ps -ef | grep rsync it shows the full scripting code on the cmd line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running ksh script from command line

Hi. I have a ksh script I want to run, but I'm connecting through a telnet and I don't want to FTP the scripts itself. is there a way of running the script from command line ? like ksh "The script itself..." Thanks, Ramon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mellowcandle
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could not get script name running from ps -ef command ?

hi.. i have one perl script called sendsms.pl. After i execute the perl script as background process and run ps -ef, it did not display the filename. It was display as "/usr/bin/perl". How could execute the perl program and display the filename using ps command ? #./sendsms & #ps -ef |grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running at command - Parent script getting killed

I have a script that calls another script within it that takes about 1 hour to execute. I am noticing that the parent script that calls the child script is getting killed. Does anyone know why? The child script still runs. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell command in Perl script

Does not work. #!/usr/bin/perl $etcdir = 'ls -l /etc'; print $etcdir; #END ------------result-------- #perl -w abc123.pl ls -l /etc # This method works. #!/usr/bin/perl $etcdir = system("ls -l /etc"); print $etcdir; #END (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A command in a script not running in Crontab.

Hi, I made this script for TRU Unix 5.1 OS based Node. When the script was run manually all the commands were running properly. But when it was run from Crontab, one command is not running. This command is not running when the script is running from Crontab: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running function or command concurrently in a bash script

I currently run a script over a vpnc tunnel to back-up my data to a remote server. However for a number of reasons the tunnel often collapses. If I manually restore the tunnel then the whole thing can continue, but I want to add into my script a section whereby while the transfer is taking place,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_bridges
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple rsh command in a script

hi scripting experts, juz wondering if it's possible to have multiple rsh command in a single script? :confused: ie: rsh -l <username> "<command>" rsh -l <username> "<command>" thanks. regards, wee :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command or script as root

I'm writing an application (Progress language) that needs to: 1) load the contents of a cron table into the Progress application; 2) display this information in a human manner and allow a select group of people to update it (these people are logged in as themselves, not as root); 3) save... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question