Powerha on P595 and Blade HX5 Type 787

Operating Systems AIX Powerha on P595 and Blade HX5 Type 787
# 1  
Old 10-06-2011
Powerha on P595 and Blade HX5 Type 787

Hello Everyobdy!
Is it poosible to implement PowerHa on Different Server like power 595 and Blade HX5 Type 787
Thanks in Advance
# 2  
Old 10-06-2011
yes it is as long as both meet the minimum requirements your ha version is requiring.

Regards
zxmaus
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:
# 3  
Old 10-06-2011
And if the Hx5 Blade will have Power7 Server which is much better in performance compared to p 595 it will be ok as I guess am I right?
# 4  
Old 10-06-2011
we have had the weirdest combinations working fine. As long as you have the same OS version and cluster version running, it is not much of a problem despite the fact that IBM doesnt't really recommend doing it.
# 5  
Old 10-07-2011
zxmaus we are implementing PowerHA for DB2 cluster is it a correct solution?
# 6  
Old 10-07-2011
I cannot see why not - we run oracle, sybase, mq and other apps in them and as I said as long as both nodes are running say hacmp v6.1.6 and AIX 6.1 TL4 it just works
Only thing you have to take care about is that all nodes have sufficient resources to really actively run all applications same time.
# 7  
Old 01-17-2012
@zxmaus:
So far I have decided to implement PowerHA on P595 Server.
there willbe two Lpars with PowerHA, DB2 + HADR installed. I understand that thereis anyway big risk to have both Lpars on the same Server but buying new Power server is not an option for the moment.... I wander has anybody tried PowerHA on two Lpars on the same Power Server.. Thanks for attention
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to know full width blade or half width blade?

HI, How do we figure out if the server is half blade server or full blade server? Anything we need to look at to know on this? thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
9 Replies

2. AIX

HMC Hardware Discovery does not work for p595 frames

Hi, I require help with hardware discovery while running a command from an HMC with firmware V7.3.5 SP 3. The two frames I am running the command for are p 5 595's. Command input: lshwres -m swdc-c02-9119-595-SN02780CF -r io --rsubtype slotchildren -F lpar_name Error output: The managed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXNEWBIE62
1 Replies

3. AIX

Virtualizing the Fiber card (VFC) on P595

Hi, We have a P595 machine with a dual port Fiber card per VIOs. We have two VIOs in the box. VIO1: ---> 2 port Fiber Card VIO2: ---> 2 port Fiber Card One port on each fiber card is utilized. Connected to SAN switches. We are getting all disks from SAN both for VIOs and LPARs. Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
0 Replies

4. AIX

p595 LPAR no longer sees SAN boot disk

Hello, we have a wierd and urgent problem, with a few of our p595 LPARs running AIX 5.3. The LPARs ran AIX 5.3 TL 7 and booted off EMC SAN disks, using EMC Powerpath. Every boot we run "pprootdev on" and "pprootdev fix". We can issue "bosboot -a" and we can reboot the machines. Now, on two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwesterik
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to know the hardware configuration on P595 LAPRs

The p595 have 6 Lpars, not all hardware resource assigned to 6 lpars. which command can list all hardware configuration on p595? Do I need go to each lapr to list? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question