How to print the different domains available and also to show what is inside them..???

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to print the different domains available and also to show what is inside them..???
# 1  
Old 06-08-2010
How to print the different domains available and also to show what is inside them..???

hi friends,

how can we display the different domains present in the system and also what is present inside those domains..???

---------- Post updated 06-08-10 at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous update was 06-07-10 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamitra
hi friends,

how can we display the different domains present in the system and also what is present inside those domains..???
someone answer to this question, its very important..!
Smilie
# 2  
Old 06-08-2010
I do not really understand that question. Maybe check your entries on the DNS-sever(s) with the command dig or locally your /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/hosts or whatever file is appropriate for your OS.

How to post urgent questions in this forum you might have already got as a note via infraction by other mods.
# 3  
Old 06-08-2010
I agree with Zaxxon on this, other than bumping... You cant expect people to help you if your question isnt clear...
What do you call domains in a system? Is "system" a machine? or are you refering to network (which is what should be in the first place... as zaxxon pointed out.... I know that SUN uses the word for something else, meaning its platform dependant, but even that you didnt mention (the OS...) ).
With the information given the answer would be that of zaxxon, and we are then stuck on "present in the system" and "inside those domains".
Read again "Additional helpful guidelines for all posters" of the forum rules...

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print hex Ip address in decimal format inside awk script

Hi to all, May someone help me with the following. The awk script below is part of a bigger awk script, and this part attempts to print an Ip address that is in hex format in decimal format. I'm trying with following code but I'm getting 0.0.0.0 and the correct answer is 192.168.140.100 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print value for a $variable inside a $variable or file

Hi guys, I have a file "abc.dat" in below format: FILE_PATH||||$F_PATH TABLE_LIST||||a|b|c SYST_NM||||${SRC_SYST} Now I am trying to read the above file and want to print the value for above dollar variables F_PATH and SRC_SYST. The problem is it's reading the dollar variables as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcabc1103
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using echo to print arguments inside a function

I am using echo in bash. Have created a function prargv which takes a number of arguments. Example: prargv "-e" "--examples" Inside prargv, I want to print all the arguments using echo echo "$@" This returns --examples rather than -e --examples" This problem can be fixed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop inside awk to read and print contents of files

Hello, I have a set of files Xfile0001 - Xfile0021, and the content of this files (one at a time) needs to be printed between some line (lines start with word "Generated") that I am extracting from another file called file7.txt and all the output goes into output.txt. First I tried creating a for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sysdate inside awk print statement

Hi, I am using awk statement to extract data from a file and write a new file with certain columns rearranged and few hard coded values added to new file. Now i need to add a column with sysdate. can i do that inside the awk print statement? Now: nawk ' /^3/ BEGIN {FS=","}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't print multiple lines inside awk :(

Hi Friends, I have small issue with following code snippet. I am trying call one function inside awk in which the function inturn will echo few lines. However when i ran script its throwing an error saying "nawk: syntax error at source line 1". #!/bin/sh eval input=$@ while read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print array values whose name is inside a variable

I have a array as CArray=( a1 a2 ) and a1,a2,a3 are also array as: a1=(1 2 3) a2=(3 4 5) now I have this in my code: for i in `echo "${CArray}"` do echo ${$i} done It is giving error as :"bad substitution" It should give me value as 1 2 3 3 4 5 how can I get this...Can u please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print filename inside loop

Im want to print filename inside loop .. the code im using :- Filename_1=abc_20090623_2.csv.lk Filename_2=def_20090623_2.csv.lk i want to extract filename till .csv eg Filename_1=abc_20090623_2 Filename_2=def_20090623_2 How can i do this inside the for loop ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

print argv inside awk

mode=$1 psg telnetd | awk current=`date +%M`'{ printf ("mode is %s",mode) printf ("mode is %s",ARGV) }' at command prompt when i run the script along with the argument i get only-- 'mode is ' argument is not printed.(If the argument is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside awk '{print $c}'

i'm trying to do this (in bash darwin); echo "give me some words: " read a c=2 # this is get by other ways echo $a | awk '{print $c}' # i want to print the column given # by de $c variable if there is someone understand what i pretend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tártaro
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question