easy peesy

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers easy peesy
# 1  
Old 07-01-2004
easy peesy

What does ls & do?
# 2  
Old 07-01-2004
list the files in the current directory - running the "ls" process in the background.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this...
# 3  
Old 07-01-2004
I didnt i just done it by mistake - meant to do a ls * and just wanted to make sure it wouldnt do any harm - thanks!

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

easy shell

I am a novice to shell. so to start of which shell is easier to learn. i have cygwin on windows. plz help me to start of (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthreddy.y
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

easy script

a script, cheer that prints its parameter as shown in the example below. eg: $ cheer U N I X Give me a U! U! Give me a N! N! Give me a I! I! Give me a X! X! #!/bin/sh for letter do echo "Give me a $letter!";echo "$letter!" done this is the code i used for the above script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: problems
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy one

Hi This is going to sound so easy to some of you out there... trying to copy and paste lines to an existing script - is there a command that i can use that overwrites the existing text there? Cheers (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vcardo10
11 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question