Storage Questions

Operating Systems Solaris Storage Questions
# 1  
Old 06-10-2009
Storage Questions

Hi all

Been over hearing / listening to a few guys here about storage and various things which I dont agree with.

1) SANtricity / CAM - If you use one software, you cant use the other one unless you ripe your disks / arrays and start again. So, which ever one you use, you have to stay using ? correct ?

2) 2Tb luns. Ive have always believed that have a 2Tb lun is unwise. Ok I appriecate that its stripped over numerous disk packa / spindles on the SAN side, but having one lun, 2.1Tb in size, on a sun or pc is not cool. The inodes / structure of the f/s is just too big, and you should break it down. Correect ?

Whats your opinions on this ?

Simon
# 2  
Old 06-10-2009
1)True
2)Its advisable to do so. Correct
# 3  
Old 06-10-2009
Cheers, thanks for your reply. I never knew that with CAM / Santricity, amazing.

As for the 2.1Tb lun, what are the reasons why you shouldnt have one lun at that size ??

SBK
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

1 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Open Storage Questions

Hey All, I had some minor questions regarding Sun's open storage I understand it uses standard industry hardware (is the warranty void if we were to mix and match drives?) I know it uses OpenSolaris for the storage features (but can it use any os?) Does it have to be OpenSource? I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
7 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question