Download php content using cli

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Download php content using cli
# 1  
Old 03-15-2011
Download php content using cli

I'm trying to make a bash script that downloads videos from websites. Is there a cli program for linux that allows me to download php content using one command line entry?

I can't use cli curl or wget for this(I think). I'm talking about addresses like these:

****.com/content.php?file=movie.wmv

Last edited by locoroco; 03-15-2011 at 11:01 PM..
# 2  
Old 03-16-2011
Did you even try ?
Code:
 wget ****.com/content.php?file=movie.wmv

# 3  
Old 03-16-2011
It may be refusing to do so because you're not the right client or don't have the right referrer.

Code:
wget -U netscape --referer=http://www.website.com wget http://www.website.com/...

Or it might actually be downloading a URL list or something that tells you where to go next.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget download file content in unicode

Hi All, I am trying to download a XML from a URL through wget and successful in that but the problem is that I have to check for some special characters inside that XML. But when I download through wget it transfers the content of the XML in plain text and I'm not able to search for those... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables from bash to php-cli

Hello everyone, I've been looking how to pass variables between bash and php-cli in 1 file. So far i got this: #!/bin/bash echo "This is bash" php << EOF <?php echo "This is php\n"; ?> EOF I would now like to be able to pass a variable declared in the bash to the php. I already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbee
0 Replies

4. Web Development

PHP Download

Hey, for my search engine I'm going to download Apache and PHP. Just have one question... I have a Mac OSX. I'm trying to go through all my finder files looking for it, however, I can't find the application... Any ideas??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OussenkoSearch
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download image every 24hrs + put it in php site

Hi everyone, I am all new to this and I might not know what I am asking about :) I have access to a cPanel with cron tab scheduler. I know nothing re scripting creating php etc.. I own a ftp mainly for own email address, some storage, and a forum (ready-made one :P ) I have some knowledge... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zYx
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web content download

There is a web API https://pi.ercot.com/contentproxy/publicList?folder_id=10001937 As soon as this is fired on the browser a page comes in which many files are listed for downloads I want to download all the files ....is it possible to write a shell script which can download the files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question