how do we check the neighbours node?

Operating Systems Solaris how do we check the neighbours node?
# 1  
Old 08-13-2007
how do we check the neighbours node?

Hi,

I have one solaries box and 3 linux boxes networked together. How do I view rest 3 linux box from solaries? Is there any tool or command available?
# 2  
Old 08-13-2007
Xnest?

ssh?

NFS?

How do you mean "view"?
# 3  
Old 08-13-2007
Yes, I want to view who are connected to my solaries box. How can I view them? Thanks in advance.
# 4  
Old 08-13-2007
What do you count as "connected"?

Things you would want to look for are..

netstat - look for the linux boxes IP addresses listed, this will count for ssh, telnet, rlogin, ftp, http. If you then look at the matching port you can see what service they are using. Start with "netstat -a"

nfs - if you have shares, you would want to see who have mounted your drives. Look at "man share" to see if that will guide you.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to check if HACMP is running on AIX node?

Hello AIX experts, I have few queries and appreciate if you could help me with them. 1. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is installed 2. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is running 3. how to check which Oracle DB instance is running on it 4. how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script fails to check file exists or not in remote node

Dear members, The following expect script connects to remote node and check for the file "authorized_keys" in directory /root/.ssh in remote node. However the result is always found even if the file exist or doesn't exist. expect { "$fname" { send_user "found\n" } Any idea what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

5. Programming

Kernel module - Check whether file (/dev node) exists

Hi, I'm pretty new to kernel coding and I'm working on a device driver that works with an existing framework. Basically my module will be loaded/unloaded multiple times and I'd like to create a register a class, driver, and create a /dev node on the first load only. The existing framework... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThomasBrez
0 Replies

6. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I-node and sessions

I have a program (written by me, for educational purposes) called "analyzer". The program takes a parameter, a filename, and does some statistics on it (for example, word's number, line's number, ... ) at regular intervals. My teacher told me that if the file is edited while the "analyzer" is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurricane
4 Replies

8. SuSE

Node size

Hi, Does the output of the command numactl --hardware available: 1 nodes (0-0) node 0 cpus: 0 1 node 0 size: 8155 MB node 0 free: 3231 MB No distance information available. where, node 0 size: 8155MB mean that the local memory associated with node 0 is 8155MB? Can anyone guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heartbreakkid
1 Replies

9. Linux

Node size

Hi, Does the output of the command numactl --hardware available: 1 nodes (0-0) node 0 cpus: 0 1 node 0 size: 8155 MB node 0 free: 3231 MB No distance information available. where, node 0 size: 8155MB mean that the local memory associated with node 0 is 8155MB? Can anyone guide me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartbreakkid
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

i-node address

how would i show all i-node addresses of all files in my directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question