Text User Interface

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text User Interface
# 1  
Old 09-03-2008
Text User Interface

Any experts here have any idea how can i begin with programming a TUI with shell ? any advice or recommended website for me to refer?
# 2  
Old 09-03-2008
What do you want to do?

I have a page of links to shell resources.

If you want more help here, please be more specific.
# 3  
Old 09-04-2008
i am looking at creating a TUI (text user interface) and how to start.
# 4  
Old 09-04-2008
You already said that. We don't understand what you mean. What's a TUI? What are problems you need to solve?
# 5  
Old 09-04-2008
how to begin with programming a TUI... i don't know how to start programming and not encountering a problem ....
# 6  
Old 09-04-2008
I think the poster means CUI - Character User Interface
# 7  
Old 09-04-2008
Google for unix curses.

Regards
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pros and cons for Text User Interface and Curses::UI

Anyone has experience or study with Text User Interface and Curses::UI using Perl? - What is the criteria to decide which method is better for a console based UI? - Which DTL (dialog tag language) is supported by these? The background is that I want to write a wrapper over some UNIX tools... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikrantl
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User interface for the shell script

Hi, I have written a shell script that does the job of downloading a build file and upgrading a application on my test linux system. This shell is a interactive script where the user needs to enter certain info like the remote system on which the upgrade has to be performed and the build number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

3. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a user interface pointing to a file?

I have to create a user interface in which user can easily update ,delete or insert a new record which is pointing to a file in AIX Server? Using awk,sed ican update ,modify the file. how to create a link to userlike GUI(without using Tomcat,IIS) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. AIX

I want the perfect user-interface

I've got an aix-box somewhere on the network and a PC on my desk. Nothing fancy so far. The PC is made dual-boot: - windowsXP with putty & winSCP or - slackware 13 with xfce4 installed. The aix-box runs DB2 v8.2 and I've installed db2top to monitor the database. db2top is a character... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_te_z
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase Interface file and converting in text format.

Does anyone knows how to decode the address in interface file using shell , i have done it using perl but can it be done in shell. master tli tcp /dev/tcp \x00021004ac1414230000000000000000 query tli tcp /dev/tcp \x00021004ac1414230000000000000000 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question