Need help for Dual Ethernet on SCO UNIX

Operating Systems SCO Need help for Dual Ethernet on SCO UNIX
# 1  
Old 08-23-2010
Need help for Dual Ethernet on SCO UNIX

Mobo contains Dual Gigabit Ethernet Controller.
One Eth is on Bus 2, Device 0
Second on Bus 5, Device 2

The one that is on Bus 2 works, and it can be pinged, bu otherone on bus 5, doesn't work at all.

Can anyone help me in setting both cards to work?

P.S. Drivers are from Marvell Yukon official webpage. Some universal package.
ASUS page doesn't contain any UNIX drivers.
# 2  
Old 08-23-2010
Does SCO have an equivalent for lspci, to list the actual connected devices? I wonder if they are both the same chipset. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some trickery like only one of the interfaces being gigabit...
# 3  
Old 08-23-2010
If the driver allows it, you can set the PCI device settings by modifying the hardware in netconfig.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual Ethernet in CentOS

Hi, I have to Centos 5.5 Server which hold two ethernet card as I wanted two networks to be interfaced with. One network has LAN connectivity, the other has internet connectivity on DHCP. I could not make both work on same time. I tried to set static ip on internet router, then LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthavanan
3 Replies

2. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command for ethernet cards?

Hi Gang.. Anybody know the unix (SUN) command to determine how many network cards are installed in a system?? Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
4 Replies

4. SCO

xp/sco 5.0.7 dual boot issues

Hello those more knowledgeable than I: I have been trying to get xp and SCO to coexist on the same system. I have tried several different ways to make both work, here's the list: -install xp, image it, move the partition to the end of drive, verify it boots, image again, -boot off of SCO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows And Unix, Dual Boot

Hello! I must find a way to use unix in my PC. I have a Dell Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz, 1Gb RAM.It came with windows xp but in order to get some software running I have to be able to work on unix! Is it posible to set up a unix and Windows dual boot configuration? I was sure it was posible but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isidora10
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Dual Booting with UNIX

Dear All, I want use Unix (Sun Solaris 10) in my PC, and now I'm using windows, can Unix intalled to My PC and make dual booting like linux?? any one have experienced about this..? please help me..? Thank you for your help Regards, Heru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot between UNIX and Windows

I am planning to install UNIX (SunOS) on my computer which has two hard disks C: and D: C drive already have operating system which has windows installed on it and I use it on daily basis. D drive is empty and has like 40GB space, I want to partition D: by half half and want install UNIX on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DataSheet
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual HD Backup in Sco Unix

Hi all, I'm trying to set up a system that will backup one hard drive to another automatically, so in case the main disk fails, I can just swap it out for the backup. Hopefully someone out there knows what I am talking about. Anyway, can anyone recommend any programs for Sco Unix 5 that will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbishop311
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dual boot unix and win2k

(is there a better forum for this question?) Has anyone been successful at dual booting redhat linux 6.0 and win 2000 pro? I never had a problem dual booting linux with win98 and my first few tries with win2k were unsuccessful. I am going to try again but would like to get some other people's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edwardtisdale
0 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question