Update Manager Not Working

Operating Systems Solaris Update Manager Not Working
# 1  
Old 06-29-2009
Update Manager Not Working

Hello

I reinstalled my OS today and after going through the registration the updatemanager pops up, as expected. The problem is all i get is an error message box that's completely blank.

The icon in the sytem tray is a blue question mark and when hovering over it, it says i'm not registered for updates.

I really don't know how to fix this or where to start. Does anyone know what might be causing this or know what i need to do to fix it?

Jamie
# 2  
Old 06-30-2009
Is your system connected to the internet? I hope you do.
Do you have a Sun online a/c . ? You can use it to register your solaris OS that is running on your system.
# 3  
Old 06-30-2009
i am connected to the internet and have registered my system. All i did was reinstall my system, i've used the same credentials to register the new installation. It was working before but not now. The error pop-up is what's confusing me the most. It's completely blank.
# 4  
Old 06-30-2009
try to use the "smpatch" commandline tool to check your setup. i don't know the syntax right now but it was something like "smpatch get ...". please read the manpage!
# 5  
Old 07-02-2009
There's no way you can troubleshoot the problem for update manager. It has alot of unknown issues which you def need to esc to SUN backline. I have checked that out for you already
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Yum update not working from spacewalk server

Hello, I have registered an SLES11SP1 server with my spacewalk server however when I perform a 'yum repolist', I do not see my spacewalk server as one of the available repositories. So when I perform yum update (any-package), it does not find an update available. HOwever within the Spacewalk GUI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't get While loop working with rrdtool update

I have data in a CSV file that looks like; 1353557880:1.111:123.3 1353557940:1.113:123.3 1353558000:1.118:123.3 1353558060:1.123:123.3 1353558120:1.218:123.3 I'm running the following; while IFS=":" read d a b; do rrdtool update temp.rrd $d:$a:$b; done <temp6 It gives me the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ottsm
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error

W: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
17 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with S10 Update Manager

Hi, The green shield at the bottom right of the screen says 'Updates Available', so I click on it to get the latest updates. Then I select the first update in the list by clicking the checkbox and then clicking 'Install Update'. After a few seconds of trying to install the update an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patcom
1 Replies

6. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle update not working

Hi, I have a oracle source with a field my_date =06/02/2009 I am trying to update the table to SYSDATE with a myscript.sql where I have UPDATE table set my_date=to_DATE(SYSDATE,'MM/DD/YYYY'); Now I try to run it with myupdate.SH script where I have sqlplus nolog @myscript.sql ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pro*C Update not working from Crontab

Dear All, I have writen a Pro*c program that does a data base select,insert,update statements and I have scheduled the program to run from crontab, It is runing fine for the select insert and commit statement till it reaches the update statement , it throws the following error: SQL On IPB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alhallay
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apt-get update not working

Hi all, Till now i was able to do apt-get update. but today i started to the following error: # apt-get update E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (2 No such file or directory) E: Unable to lock the list directory # Could any one let me know how to solve it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauri
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question