GNATS Version Number

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers GNATS Version Number
# 1  
Old 04-30-2010
GNATS Version Number

Hi,

I have inherited a box containing the GNATS Bug Reporting System. My manager has asked me to find out which version of GNATS us running on it but I have yet to find a way to do so.

Any advice?
# 2  
Old 05-01-2010
Instead of dithering over what you have, just download the latest version
GNATS - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

Then you will know.
# 3  
Old 05-01-2010
Hi.

Many (but not all) GNU codes will respond accordingly if called with
Code:
program --version

such as
Code:
gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2

cp --version
cp (GNU coreutils) 6.10

bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

So if you know one of the program names, try that. If there a number of programs in the suite, the versions may be different from one another.

There is also a method for looking through executable binaries with command strings, but try the option --version first. See man strings for details.

Good luck ... cheers, drl

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Incrementing the New File Version Number

Hi, This is my first post here. I am using cygwin on Windows 7. I am starting with a data file with filename "name_1.ext", like "20180831_snapgenotypes_1.csv". The "_1" before ".ext" is a version number. Integers (0-99) are sufficient. They don't have to be like "1.0.0". The filename may... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minimalist
2 Replies

2. Linux

Linking issue due to so version number

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file I'm trying to link to the lib using -L -lcrypto and it is success and created my test.exe. When I copy this test.exe to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijkrr
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

OS version and Firmware version

Guys, How to find OS version and firmware version in LINUX? Like in AIX. uname -a will show me the version 5.3, 6.1,7.1. lsmcode -c will show me - system firmware image as SF240_417. What are the similar commands in Linux. I checked uname -a and cat /etc/release. uname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files containing package names and version number

I have 2 files each containing a list of same fedora packages but with different version number. I want to compare the 2 files and remove the lines containing a newer or older version number (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asya18
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incrementing the New File Version Number

Hello All, In the below script i am trying to check and list the file names, get the last file with highest version number and then increment the version number when i create another file. Example: file1 is COBANK_v1.xml and file2 i want to put it as COBANK_v2.xml, to achieve this i am using awk... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out duplicates with the highest version number

Hi, I have a huge text file with filenames which which looks like the following ie uniquenumber_version_filename: e.g. 1234_1_xxxx 1234_2_vfvfdbb 343333_1_vfvfdvd 2222222_1_ggggg 55555_1_xxxxxx 55555_2_vrbgbgg 55555_3_grgrbr What I need to do is examine the file, look for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantis
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

9. Programming

Scan binary for Clearcase version number?

Hi, Would anyone know how to detect a Clearcase version number from a binary? I dont have a 1-1 source for the current running prod binary, and I would like to retreive it from Clearcase. I tried the Unix strings command to find anything interesting, but without luck, Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer123
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question