SFTP to AIX6.1 EFS

Operating Systems AIX SFTP to AIX6.1 EFS
# 1  
Old 04-20-2010
SFTP to AIX6.1 EFS

Hello all, my first post so please be gentle!
I have 2 x AIX 6.1.4.0 environments, one has EFS enabled and the other does not.

I have installed SSH & SSL on both systems, and configured SFTP using SSL authentication between both boxes:
Code:
openssh.base.client 5.2.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands
openssh.base.server 5.2.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server
openssh.license 5.2.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell License
openssh.man.en_US 5.2.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell
openssh.msg.en_US 5.2.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Messages -
openssl.base 0.9.8.1100 COMMITTED Open Secure Socket Layer
openssl.man.en_US 0.9.8.1100 COMMITTED Open Secure Socket Layer
openssh.base.client 5.2.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands
openssh.base.server 5.2.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server
openssl.base 0.9.8.1100 COMMITTED Open Secure Socket Layer

When I SFTP from one box to the EFS box, I can not transfer a file, and see a "Couldn't get handle: Failure" message. I have a similar problem when I SSH from one box to the EFS box and attempt to "touch" a file ("touch: 0652-046 Cannot create TESTING.").

When I perform any actions on the non-EFS locations on the EFS server (e.g. /tmp) it all works fine.

Can anybody assist?

Thanks

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-20-2010 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: use code tags please, ty
# 2  
Old 04-20-2010
I hope there come people up with ideas that have actually AIX 6.1 boxes at hand (I do not, sadly Smilie), but I found this nice article here:

Understanding EFS

They write you have to setup a SSL-Keystore and can grant access to it to others users etc. I guess you use a user with sftp which has this access?

As side note which will not have anything to do with EFS is, that you might want to use scp instead of sftp cause of the more comfortable syntax etc., if possible in your environment.
# 3  
Old 04-20-2010
Thanks for the reply. I have seen the artcile to which you refer, and also tried SCP with the same results. I think I have set up the keystores for the correct users but the issue seems to be that my SFTP to the EFS server over SSL is not loading the UID of the EFS - enabled user.

I will continue investigations, and post the results here as soon as I have some!
# 4  
Old 04-23-2010
In case anybody else has this problem in the not too distant future, I think I have found what I am looking for in the article linked below:

IBM System Mag
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Upgrade AIX 5.3 to AIX6.1

Dear Guys .. I'm going to Upgrade one of the servers AIX 6.1 I want to stop rootvg mirror to save the mirror then upgrade to AIX 6.1 this is to help me in rollback if something goes wrong but .. can anyone help me how to make sure that system is relay mirrored and how to know that second... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
10 Replies

2. AIX

How many Core in AIX6 & AIX7?

How many Core in AIX6 & AIX7 .. Please guys I want commands to know how many Core in these two different version please i need exact command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
2 Replies

3. AIX

NFS problem AIX6.1

Hello, I have a problem with an NFS file system. Both AIX servers are AIX6.1 and uses NFS version 3. The problem is that at some point the client server cannot connect to the NFS anymore and when i do df -k it displays the message NFS server <server> not responding still trying. i run the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX6: Getting Out of memory error during SFTP

Hi all the gurus out there, I am trying to SFTP about 30000 small files (4MB each at most) but I'm getting "xrealloc: out of memory" error. Anyone encountered this before? I'm on AIX6. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckySkunk
4 Replies

5. AIX

Java7 installation for user in AIX6.1

Hello Team, We are trying to install Java7 for weblogic user in a particular location(not default /usr location). I have tried following method but no luck, Need your suggestion on this. Issue details : 1) smitty installp >> When trying this there is no option to relocate the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

6. AIX

UnsatisfiedLinkError with Java1.6 in AIX6.1

Hi Folks, I'm facing the below error when loading my library on AIX6.1 java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: marimba (A file or directory in the path name do es not exist.) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1013) at... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bharath_M
7 Replies

7. AIX

RS/6000 server and AIX6.1 question

Hello all. This is my first post on here and I have a question. Recently I was asked how you would go about backing up data from the server to a tape drive that is attached to the RS/6000 system. Assuming that the systems are all new it would be great if someone has a step by step guide that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aten
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permit sftp load /etc/profile on AIX6.1

Hi, I've set on /etc/profile: TMOUT=3600 readonly TMOUT It seems to work when I connect using ssh client, putty for example, but not when connect through sftp. What am I missing on sshd configuration? regards Israel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

9. AIX

Setup DNS server on AIX6.1

I'm planning of setting up a DNS server on AIX 6.1. Could someone shed me some lights on the step-by-steps of how to set this up? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question