Can't Lunch CDE

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't Lunch CDE
# 1  
Old 07-05-2006
Can't Lunch CDE

all Freind ,

Nice to be one of the member for this unix forum .
I have problem with machnie ..i using controller C110 for Agilent Tester and using Unix platform .

I have problem when rebooting my system suddenly i can't lunch my CDE to proceed .

Error mesage shown as below :-

**X server can't started ******

Thank you hope will help for this .

Amran
# 2  
Old 07-05-2006
No, unfortunately this does not help, as this is not "wheel of fortune". Smilie

Which operating system and version do you use?

According to "C110" I guess that this is a HP 9000/C110 with 120 MHz with HP-UX 10.20 or maybe 11.00 or 11i installed.

Is this a fresh installation or has the machine been pulled out of a working network?
# 3  
Old 07-05-2006
Can't Lunch Cde

Hi Ebbi

Yes i using HP 9000/C110 with 120 MHz with HP-UX 10.20 ..
No this is not fresh installed & ..before this the system okay ...
No the machine not been pulled out of a working network...

Thank you
# 4  
Old 07-06-2006
Do you have a mouse connected?
Are you able to get a failsafe session without CDE?
# 5  
Old 07-06-2006
Can't Launch CDE

Hi Ebbi

Yes all mouse and keyboard are connected .
How to go into Fail safe session without CDE?
What should i do in failsafe session ?

Thank you
# 6  
Old 07-07-2006
Are you able to connect to the machine via telnet?

Or try to boot into "single user mode" and read the log files.
# 7  
Old 07-11-2006
Computer Can't Launch CDE

Hi Ebbi

I can telnet this workstation and also i can go to single user mode but i can't
launch CDE .

Just for your info ..i check the dispaly file and i found that the system not
call the correct monitor .i changed the display file using SAM in text mode and managed to bring up the CDE .

Anyway thanks for your help ....

Thank You

amran

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

xfce like cde

At the moment I am using Ubuntu hardy on my desktop. I am going to be adding other Linux's and maybe FreeBSD. I use gnome for special effects, eye candy, and plain old show off stuff. But I want to have a simple DE in my computer installed. I like the way CDE looks and the reviews about its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Can't lunch CDE

All , Need some help & advise here . I have problem with worksation that can't lunch CDE . they was no problem when booting the system .. the problem just appear when time to lunch the CDE . Error measage is " x server can't start " thank you Amran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amran
3 Replies

5. AIX

CDE menu

Hi all, is any one knows how can i change menus on my front panel (I need to load the default)? for example : when im entering in a session I've got a application menu ( /etc/dt/appconfig/types/en_US) and i need the default one ( /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C) to be load. I've sold that problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabim
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi There, easy one for you. I am using Solaris 7 on my desktop at home and I don't want to invoke the CDE environment when I boot up. I want it to just boot up to the command line to save on memory. What do I have to do in order to do this? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Is there such a thing as installing a CDE for use with UNIX? If so, where would I find one, and how would I do it? What kind of info about UNIX would I need to know before going into this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muscleache
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi, I'am new to SCO unix and their CDE desktop interface. Yesterdag i installed a unixware 7.11 system, but when I log in as a normal user and click on any icon in CDE i keep getting the same erro, talkback connection failed... what does this means??? I cant even shutdown the machine from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zzero
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE

I'm running Digital Unix True64 system. version4.0. My CDE is shutoff. How can I start the CDE. When I boot my system I don't even get graphic startup picture in the beginn. I've tried to activate thourgh Graphical UI Selection Facility in /usr/sbin/setup.But all I have is alot of inactive... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
12 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question