How to select a particular field from a drop-down menu in a webpage using perl script?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to select a particular field from a drop-down menu in a webpage using perl script?
# 1  
Old 05-13-2013
How to select a particular field from a drop-down menu in a webpage using perl script?

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to login into URL using username and password , then I have to select a "particular name" from drop-down menu and then Read the values user records etc.... using perl.

Is it possible to do in perl script ? (OR) Can you please let me know which scripting languange is best to do this requirement ?

Thanks in advance ....

Regards
Latika
# 2  
Old 05-13-2013
I guess you have PERL pretending to be a human plus a browser. Drop down lists can be presented in several ways, and the PERL programmer can parse the web pages as text to find the lists, but the PERL programmer probably has to know all the ways the lists may be presented in HTML and ECMA-Script to write the parser. I am not sure anyone wrote a virtual PERL browser to do the parsing for you.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script - Sort Columns on webpage

foreach my $ds (sort { $a->{books} cmp $b->{books} || (($a->{books} eq "A") ? ($a->{hammers} cmp $b->{hammers}) : (($a->{shoes} <=> $b->{shoes}) || ($a->{hammers}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scj2012
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Select Menu Script

Hi All, I need to develop a bash script list “list of files” and able to select if any and set as globe variable in script and use for other function. I would like to see in menu format. Example out put Below are the listed files for database clone 1. Sys.txt 2. abc.txt 3. Ddd.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

open a webpage through perl script

Hi All Can anyone please help me how to open a webpage suppose(Google) with the help of perl script and refresh it after every 5 minutes. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Help with Menu script

Hi, I'm trying to wrtie a menu perl script which will allow users to connect to different servers from a management server without having to know the long server name. I have written the below code, but when I execute it I manage to get through the first 2 menus but it doesn't exit once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Dynamic Drop Down Menu

I need to create a dynamic drop down menu which is populated by entries such as; htdocs/client1/index.php htdocs/client2/index.php htdocs/client3/index.php htdocs/client4/index.php etc. So htdocs/client*/index.php Is this possible? I know how to do this using normal arrays, but not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop down menu

How to create a drop down menu in either bash or ksh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop records with non-numerics in field X

I have tab delimited file and need to remove all records prior to sort, that have non-numerics in the Field 2. valid/invalid field 2 data examples are: " 123" valid "1 23" invalid " NOPE" invalid I've tried this awk it does not recognize tab as the delimiter or check... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akxeman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl script to search webpage

i have to point out that i'm a avid shell script lover and i have next to zero interest in perl which is why i dont know the first thing about it. however, just need to do this one thing on it.. i need to do something in perl but dont know how. I have a list of email addresses in the following... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drop down menu in bash for timezone select

Is there any way to implement a drop down menu selection in bash? This is on CDLinux which is a very minimal live CD and I am using it to install an image onto a hard drive. Part of that process is the timezone selection. There are just too many timezones to attempt to use the "select" command.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simonb
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question