where can i find mksysb.log?

Operating Systems AIX where can i find mksysb.log?
# 1  
Old 02-19-2012
where can i find mksysb.log?

hi guys, i need to find mksysb.log that i can prove that i backed up the system properly.
does anyone have an idea where i can find it?
# 2  
Old 02-19-2012
Hi,

there is none if you create your mksysb manually - the output will be on your screen.
If you run it scripted, than you can define a log if you like. If you do it via smitty, than smit.log can tell you if its successful or not.

Regards
zxmaus
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:
# 3  
Old 02-21-2012
thanx for the reply.
i got mksysb record with this command
# restore -Tqvf mksysb_BT11023_20111127 > /dev/null
New volume on mksysb_BT11023_20111127:
Cluster size is 51200 bytes (100 blocks).
The volume number is 1.
The backup date is: Sun Nov 27 14:43:00 GMT+09:00 2011
Files are backed up by name.
The user is root.
The number of archived files is 77078.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Mksysb restoration

Hi, I am an newbie to AIX. Recently, I being assigned to do an mksysb restoration at our DR site. It always encounter "Out of Space" during restoration, this is even when I restored to 4x146GB HDD. Even though, on production, it only need 2x146GB HDD for the rootvg. What is the problem, I... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXBlueCat
19 Replies

2. AIX

SLOW mksysb

Hello. I am running AIX 5.2 on a 9131-52A I am trying to run a mksysb. I ran one on a similar 9131 and it did not take long at all. But this one is taking forever. My output is as follows: ********************************************************* AIX:/ # mksysb -i /dev/rmt0 Creating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
2 Replies

3. AIX

Script: how to find out the label of a tape and if its an mksysb one ?

Hi, how can I find out though kron shell (aix 4.2) what the label of a tape is ? Also, how can I find out if that tape has been used for an mksysb and when ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

4. AIX

Help with mksysb

Hi All, Working on AIX 4.2 system. On this server there is no tape drive or a DVD Writer attached to the AIX box. I was able to do mksysb, but I got warning message saying it will not be bootable. On the new system, I did install 5.3 and now I need to restore this mksysb image from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

5. AIX

mksysb

Hello everyone I have two questions. I would like to hear your opinions, your tips. I have several box with aix 5.3. the rootvg in each box has mirror. but I have a cron that makes a mksysb every week. Do you think that it the best to have a mksysb of rootvg if I have a mirror on this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

hp-ux mksysb equivalent

Hi Guys, Does hp-ux has mksysb equivalent with aix? Or something similar that you can save the system config. Or you just backup the boot image, that's it. Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

7. AIX

Mksysb message

Hello, I'm starting a mksysb with the help of a unix script and the crontab. The script is scheduled with crontab and executes "mksysb -i -X /dev/rmt0". When the mksysb is completed the script displays the endtime. But I also get a lot of cat messages (see below). When I look with "ps -ef... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter_e
2 Replies

8. AIX

mksysb issue

Hi, guys I have experience in UNIX, but more in hpux, have done an mksysb in an Aix server 5.3, and then restore in other server with same model, everithing fine but no TCP/IP configuration and hostname its like "localhost" after the restore. It's something wrong? I've change the configuration,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uadm26
5 Replies

9. AIX

mksysb

I dont have either a tape drive or a DVD Writer attached to the AIX box. Can you let me know the possibilities of making an mksysb in a bootable media? This is required as we have a requirement to upgrade the OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
2 Replies

10. AIX

mksysb...

Hi friends.. My one problem is not resolved yet I have another. I am planning to take an OS backup of my p550 using "mksysb". Now i am confussed. suppose I give the command to take the backup into a tape drive and my backup size exceeds the tape capacity.. what will happen? will it ask for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question