/etc/modules/conf

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /etc/modules/conf
# 1  
Old 03-01-2002
/etc/modules.conf

RedHat 7.1

I get /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/modules.dep

This is currently running on a Dell Latitude CPi Laptop.
# 2  
Old 03-06-2002
When does this happends ? During boot time ? the /etc.modules/conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/modules.dep actually happends when you try to do a ls which updates the atime, and marks the inode as dirty. So eventually a write will occur.

# ls /mnt
lost+found

This causes your system to mark /etc.modules/conf is more recent then /lib/modules/2.4.2-2. You are saying that you using a Dell latitude laptop do you install Red hat using pcmcia ? Please describe your situation briefly.
# 3  
Old 03-07-2002
This occurs on boot and on shut down. This appears after the os has been freshly installed and programs have been installed from the Caldera alternate source cd. If no other programs are installed I do not get this message. I have seen this error on other types of Hardware. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of hardware you run, if you load packages from the Caldera alternate source cd this error occurs.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get result from both of these modules?

Hallo All unix Guru's I have written a small (static) pl/sql function which is inserting data into database. It is as follows: sqlplus $CONNECT <<-EOF DECLARE Counter integer :=1; BEGIN WHILE Counter <= ${no_of_files} LOOP INSERT INTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

5. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

SD.conf and LPFC.conf

What would be Redhat RHEL 4.0 equivalent for Solaris sd.conf and lpfc.conf? What are the files called and where are the files located? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modules under bsd

Hello I know that I can load or unload kernel modules (/sbin/modload or /sbin/modunload) but how can I check what of modules are now loaded to my kernel? I heard that I can do it by /sbin/modstat but I haven't file like this in my system... Please help me. Have a nice day (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compilng Modules

Hi all Can anyone tell me if it is possible to compile modules individually without having to recompile the whole kernel? I have recently compiled a new kernel but forgot to compile in lp.o which would allow me to print. I can see lp.c in /usr/src/linux/kernel/drivers/char sometimes in these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question