Find processes using all the kernel?

Operating Systems Solaris Find processes using all the kernel?
# 1  
Old 01-16-2011
Find processes using all the kernel?

Hey,

Solaris 10, trying to track down which processes are using all the kernel. Top is showing much kernel (compared to user) cpu. But haven't had luck trying to find a command that shows specific (lets say top 10 current) processes using up the CPU via kernel.

I'd really like just top with two more columns for each process - usr and sys.

Suggestions?

thx
Mike
# 2  
Old 01-17-2011
I think, this is what you want:

Code:
$ prstat -v
   PID USERNAME USR SYS TRP TFL DFL LCK SLP LAT VCX ICX SCL SIG PROCESS/NLWP
 26917 user1     39  21  12 0.0 0.0 0.0  28 0.1 374 824 41K   0 db2/1
 26910 root     6.9 3.7 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.0  89 0.0 256  32 11K   0 sshd/1
  4291 db2usrt1 1.3 0.1 0.9 0.0 0.0 0.0  98 0.0  96   2 240   0 db2govd/1
 17154 db2usrp2 1.3 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0  98 0.0  75   5 225   0 db2govd/1
 26138 root     0.1 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0  99 0.0  56   1 988   0 prstat/1

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Find processes by start time

How do I find the process ( which might got completed ) which were ran at specific time. for e.g. I should be able to find below process after 2 hrs if I find by time 04:00 myuser 23285 22522 0 04:00 pts/0 00:00:00 /home/myuser/bin/abc.ksh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find processes older than 1 day

// AIX 6.1 I need to extract PIDs of ps -ef |grep /usr/lib/lpd/pio | awk '{print $2}' ps -ef |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh | awk '{print $2}' that are older than 1 day. I know find . -type f -mtime +1, but it doesn't work for PIDs. Please let me know how to get the PIDs older than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find Processes that were not started today

Hi all I'm trying to find a one line command that would show me all columns of the ps -ef command for all the processes started by our id that weren't started today, so where column 5 is non-numeric. I get the results I need by running three commands but was wondering if there is a way to print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethymno19
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to find out and kill all processes for a user?

Hi! We are using AIX 5.3. Can anyone please guide me to find out all the running processes for a specific user, say ' admin' and also kill them by force. Thanks! atech (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
9 Replies

5. AIX

Maximum number of processes kernel parameter

Hi, Is there a maximum number of processes kernel parameter in AIX. Solaris has max_nprocs, HP-UX has nproc, I can only find max user process (maxuproc) for AIX. Thanks, Wilson. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
3 Replies

6. Programming

How to stop other processes and kernel from printing output on current virtual term

Hello All, Background ======== I am creating a virtual appliance console for a software stack on VMware ESXi. I am using Centos 5.x as the Linux distro (Guest OS). I have created a ncurses based application that does the user authentication and present him with some basic controls to do basic... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ku@ntum
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the Root ID from the processes

Hi Friends, The problem has a simple solution but i am not able to do that, need your help dmadmin 9558 9511 0 Jan 02 ? 0:00 ./documentum -docbase_name secm1 -security acl -otrace_authentication -init_fil dmadmin 9552 9511 0 Jan 02 ? 11:27 ./documentum -docbase_name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonan
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find my tree of processes

Hi. I am logging into a remote unix/linux server (of any kind - aix, hpux, linux...) I would like to run a shell command that will return me the list of PIDs that relate to my tree. I need to get the PID of my father, and my self. I know that my SSHD process openes a BASH process. need both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find all processes that are running

Hi i've been googling a lot but can't find an answer. All I would like to know is how to find out all processes that are running on a machine. I know ps gives all YOUR processes. thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedieB
9 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find number of processes ?

Hi , I need to count all processes contains the pattren "FND" For Example: I was reteriving the details of all processes related to "FND" by this command $ ps -ef | grep FND but now I just wanna count them . Regards Adel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question