How to mount USB driver in solaris 8?

Operating Systems Solaris How to mount USB driver in solaris 8?
# 1  
Old 04-29-2006
How to mount USB driver in solaris 8?

Can anyone tell me how to mount the USB driver in solaris 8?
I try many time that can't to mount USB driver. It can detect the USB driver by typing #iostat -En but can't mount the driver.
# 2  
Old 04-29-2006
According to this page, the answer is:

# mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s2:c /mnt

However, this assumes that there is a FAT filesystem on thr drive. You probably have an NTFS filesystem which solaris does nit support. You can reformat the drive and then it should work.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

mount usb

Hi Guys,am unable to mount usb in Cenos..I did all those options.....kindly let me know the commands...as soon as possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

2. Fedora

What is the right way to mount and umount a usb driver?

I have some questions: 1, I successfully mounted my usb drive with "sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt", but I can't wirte, It says "read-only file system". But I can write it in windows. 2, After I umounted the usb drive the led of it still on, but not blinking. Is it safe to unplug it? How to let it's... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
17 Replies

3. Solaris

Usb driver update on Sun T5440

I need a help to find the patch for solaris to fix USB drivers issue on Solaris 10. The server has a PCIE card which is not recognised by the OS. I run #fmadm faulty command which report issue and recommandation to apply the new patch. I got a reference to //sun.com/msg/PCIEX-8000-6D but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: espengongo
0 Replies

4. Hardware

How to install a driver of my USB-A to Serial Cable

Hi Gurus of Unix Recently I install a OpenSolaris in My HP 530 In this moment want to install a USB-A to Serial Cable. Any guru can send a Link where I can use how reference. I want to configure a Router and my PC don't have any serial Port. My LapTOP only has USB ports. In this case I buy a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

driver for external drive case on usb port

Hi I have to buy my selfe external case for hdd but I don't know whether my ubuntu linux, needs some driver to be able to work with this device or it has inside of itselfe this driver ? rhx for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

6. Solaris

USB Mount issue in Solaris 10

Hi All, :confused: I had an issue with the USB in Solaris 10 Ultra SParc machine. I am able to mount the USB in my machine using the mount command. # mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s0:c /mnt The problem is when i copy a file from my local hard disk to the USB using the " cp -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spavindla
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Not mounted, no-driver USB device in terminal (how to access?)

hi, i am on a quest to access and even mount if possible a drive on os x. there is no driver for the device, but it lists fine in the system profiler. can i access its location from the terminal? how? here is what i get on the system profiler: Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sontarieh
3 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris 10 errors mount external usb Harddisk zfs on a nas without cdrom

Hi, I try to mount an external USB HD on a solaris 10 without any success. Machine hardware: i86pc OS version: 5.10 Processor type: i386 Hardware: i86pc The HD is a zfs, but I installed this with a Ubuntu 8.10. iostat -En displays this: --> so the system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edubidu
0 Replies

9. Solaris

mount USB

Ok, I have a rocsecure USB 2.0 hardrive. Currently it is formatted as an NTFS drive. I need to mount it on solaris and move an oracle dmp file onto it. Will I be even able to format it to a PCFS on a solaris 9 machine. Or do I need to format it FAT-32 first on a windows machine? steps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question