max file parameter ( urgent )

Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory max file parameter ( urgent )
# 1  
Old 07-16-2002
Question max file parameter ( urgent )

I have digital UNIX V4.0d I want to change the parameter of maximum file becuse I face a problem while creating a new datafile in oracle 7.3.3

please advise

Thanks
# 2  
Old 07-16-2002
Not sure of your exact needs, but the following documentation link on Tru64 Docs for version 4.0d may be of assistance.

Also you can search from here if you rather do it yourself. I used "maximum file" on my search to find the first link on different system information.
# 3  
Old 07-25-2002
Hi,

What you can do is check the MAXDATAFILES parameter of your database when it was created....

If already your maxdatafile exceeded recreate control file with

new MAXDATAFILES setting properly..

I don't think it OS's Problem

Please get back

Cheers
Ganti
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max amount of parameter

Hello everyone, I am trying to write a ksh script to accept user amount of parameters. so far I have written the following but, when I run the script it gives me the "i" back instead of the parameter's value. can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you in advance:):) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joveini
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parameter value from the parameter file in perl?

hi all, i have a parameter file of following format, i want a method which can get the value of specific parameter. parameter file format: <Parameter Name="FileLocationWindows"> <Description> The directory location of the logger file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max value Record from a File

I have a file with 3 columns I want to get the record with the max salary. If there are more than 1 record having the highest salary, i want any one of them. empid,ename,Sal 1,abc,100 2,def,200 3,xyz,300 4,pqr,100 5,mnq,300 Output Any record with 300 as salary Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traininfa
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

fd.file-max against inode

Hi, If inodes need to be 3-4 times greater than fd.file-max. Can you modify the current inode in the filesystem? Can you modify it on the fly? Or only in the creation of FS. I'm using redhat ent 4. Thank you for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. Linux

file-max limit

Oct 31 00:00:02 FIREWALL003 syslogd 1.4.1: restart. Oct 31 00:00:02 FIREWALL003 syslogd 1.4.1: restart. Oct 31 00:00:02 FIREWALL003 syslogd 1.4.1: restart. Oct 31 02:37:09 FIREWALL003 kernel: srmLINUX: segfault at 00000000303a3031 rip 000000000026fe54 rsp 00000000ffbd05b8 error 4 Oct 31... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max. file size

i want to know what is the maximum file size supported by linux with ext3 file system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

9. Solaris

max. size of file

I wants to ask that what is the max size of file that we can create in the unix file system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerghogre
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question