euid and egid frpm proc

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat euid and egid frpm proc
# 1  
Old 10-29-2007
euid and egid frpm proc

hi, can anyone tell me where can i find euid and egid from /proc file system in RHEL 4? i read stat file, but i got only uid and gid, and cudnot find any entry regarding euid and egid.please suggest...

thanks,

sanjay
# 2  
Old 10-29-2007
EUID and EGID from /proc system

hi, can anyone tell me where can i find euid and egid from /proc file system in RHEL 4? i read stat file, but i got only uid and gid, and cudnot find any entry regarding euid and egid.please suggest...

thanks,

sanjay
# 3  
Old 10-29-2007
Please read the rules. No duplicate posts for the same topic. I have merged the threads.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the user id or euid of the shell itself

Hi all, Ok, bear with me on this one, I am a bit new to Unix and it might take me a little bit of time to articulate my question. I know that every process has a user id and an effective user id. This seems to include the shell itself, because when I type 'ps', I see 'bash' listed as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oddthingy
2 Replies

2. Solaris

rbac and execution attributes (uid and euid)

Hi all, I have a question to see if I understand the euid and uid attributes correctly for rbac (/etc/security/exec_attr): All: * Audit Control: /etc/init.d/audit euid=0, egid=3 /etc/security/bsmconv uid=0 /etc/security/bsmunconv uid=0 /usr/sbin/audit euid=0 /usr/sbin/auditconfig... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding /proc

If you are adding the kernel module without any module parameter passing, it should print out following information to info1 file so that user can make read access to info1 file (via, for example, cat /proc/info1): • Processor type • Kernel version • Total number of the processes currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar.huded
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

5. Solaris

EUID set for all non-root users

We have a Solaris box. I noticed that whenever any non-root user logins into the box and issues the command id the output is (for example) uid=42568(sam) gid=1245(sam) euid=0(root) egid=2(bin). I have not given any privileges to anyone explicitly. When I issued ls -l in the /usr/bin directory I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setuid Program with (-rwsr-sr-x 1 root other ) UID/EUID issue

Hi, I have a program with the following suid setup -rwsr-sr-x 1 root other 653 Aug 16 17:00 restart_server It basically starts up a service that has to be started by root. I just want the normal users to be able to restart the service using the script above. But when the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To:blowtorch - Setuid uid/euid issue

Hi, Its a shell script. rws by root, r_s by group named "other" and r_x by all others. How can i set the uid from inside a setuid program. please let me know. Also I dont have a c compiler on the system. Thanks Reply With Quote (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proc

Hi, What are the various way's to fix /proc folder in redhat linux 7.2 and how to verify /proc folder is proper or croupted? Thank in advance Bache Gowda (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/proc

/proc is filing up my root filesystem. Can you delete any of the4 ID numbers out of /proc. Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about /proc

hi, we all know /proc is about the information of active process, I have just read an artical which said you can use /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/net./proc/meminfo etc. to know about some hardware information .But I want to know how to use with command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question