File system simulator

Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory File system simulator
# 1  
Old 09-29-2006
Error

Can anyone suggest me good links where i can read about unix file system and how it was created?

Last edited by meet_pavithra; 10-02-2006 at 05:24 PM..
# 2  
Old 09-30-2006
Here's a link to a Georgia Tech. page about a filesystem creation assignment. You could check the suggested reading link from there.
# 3  
Old 10-01-2006
Thanks a lot!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

2. Linux

installing NS 3 Simulator

I ve read the documentation and tried downloading from code nsnam org to no avail, though not very good in linux, what do i do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSISIOMA
4 Replies

3. AIX

simulator for aix

Hi I want to learn AIX administration. Is there some environment where I can install AIX ? Sth like VBox where i can install multiple systems. If there is not, please advice me what machine to buy to learn it and to not destroy my budget ? thx for help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

4. Solaris

storage simulator

hi all, i want to know how to configure CAM, how to create volumes,groups etc. one of my friend given me a simulator software. i installed that but it does not take any hard disk. how can i do the above practice in my PC. please help me waiting for your valuable suggestion thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenBoot Simulator

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible find a openboot simulator for solaris to can practice some exercices Thanks a lot and sorry for my english! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need a Unix simulator for XP

Hi, I need a very good unix simulator for Windows XP. I have been using Cygwin for past 2 months,but since it has some problem in VI editor ,i need to get an alternative for that. could u suggest an option for me? Manu Surendran (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manu.surendran
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX simulator?!

Hello I want to learn AIX 5L administration. Is there any AIX simulator which I can utilize for learning? Pit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piooooter
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Emulator Or Simulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question