Bash installation error

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bash installation error
# 1  
Old 04-13-2006
Bash installation error

Hi

I'm using svr4 and trying to install bash 3.0.16. it configures fine but once I type make I get the following error

making ./lib/intl/libintl.a in ./lib/intl

make: fatal error: don't know how to make ./gettextP.h (bu42).
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

make: fatal error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Error in installation of Snort 2.97.0

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: My system is Redhat 5.6. I want to install snort in my system which requires following dependencies. 1. Libpcap... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Installation Error

Hi Team, I am trying to Install Oracle 10g in my Linux Fedora 13. But It shows a following error. Please help me.. # yum install oracle-xe-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm --nogpgcheck Output: Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit Setting up Install Process Examining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Installation Error please help

Hello, My Solaris 10 on VMWare Workstation crashed and was giving me so many errors i decided to re install it but after selecting the type of Solaris installation this error comes up: Warning: /pci@0,0/pci15ad,79011/pci15ad,770@3 (echi0): No SOF interrupts have been recieved, this USB EHCI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: runell
0 Replies

5. Debian

Bash script to STOP installation 'if' a file exists...

Hey all, Here's my dilemma: 1. I'm a newbie at scripting! 2. I need to create a script that checks: If a file size is equal to zero, then stop the installation. Is there a way to do this or am I wasting my time??? Thanx in advance! :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thazsar
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Installation error!!!

Hi friends, I am trying to install Solaris 10 x86 on a compaq computer, which has Intel Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz 512MB RAM 40GB Hardisk When I boot from the Solaris 10 x86 DVD ROM, it gives me three options Solaris Solaris Serial Console ttya Solaris Serial Console ttyb (for lx50, v60x and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash interactive installation script

Hi, for an exercise I need to write a script that will ask the user about each package in a (local) repository and install it or not according to the user's input. I am fairly new to scripting, so I did not get very far. Here is what I came up with. I really appreciate your help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Softsmid
1 Replies

8. Solaris

BASH installation failed

Hi expert, Installation of Bash from sunfreeware failed on Solaris 2.5.1. Help ! # /usr/local/bin/bash ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/bash: fatal: libsnprintf.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Killed # (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Installation error Solaris 10

Hi there, new to unix/linux, please excuse me! I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a machine, and after some teething problems (on another thread) I have got so far with the installation and am now getting an different error: Warning Error : The Solaris CD/DVD you inserted is not compatible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin watson
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation error

Hi Installation of SCO UNIX showing error "MEMORY ERROR LOADING FD(64) UNIX.TEXT, OVERLAPS SEGMENT 196544K - 192 M/P" What exactly it means? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SyedT
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
GETTEXTIZE(1)								GNU							     GETTEXTIZE(1)

NAME
gettextize - install or upgrade gettext infrastructure SYNOPSIS
gettextize [OPTION]... [package-dir] DESCRIPTION
Prepares a source package to use gettext. OPTIONS
--help print this help and exit --version print version information and exit -f, --force force writing of new files even if old exist --intl install libintl in a subdirectory (deprecated) --po-dir=DIR specify directory with PO files --no-changelog don't update or create ChangeLog files --symlink make symbolic links instead of copying files -n, --dry-run print modifications but don't perform them AUTHOR
Written by Ulrich Drepper REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1995-1998, 2000-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gettextize is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gettextize programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gettextize should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-tools 0.19.8.1 June 2016 GETTEXTIZE(1)