how can i conjunct two expression in one line in awk?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how can i conjunct two expression in one line in awk?
# 1  
Old 11-25-2008
Bug how can i conjunct two expression in one line in awk?

hi im trying to conjuct two expresssion , but not getting the exact result i need..

i want to conjuct

1) awk < /etc/passwd 'NR >15' and
2)awk < /etc/passwd '!/8niaz/'

how will i execute , so it will start printing from the 16th line and will omit the lines which include '8niaz'.

Thanks in advance..
# 2  
Old 11-25-2008
MySQL got the sol

hi.. got the solution.. im a newbie on awk.. so just found out that "&&"works
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - To retrieve an expression from the last line containing a pattern

Hi All, I'm new on this forum, and i'm trying since several days to find out a way to retrieve a expression from the last line containing a pattern. Could you please help me with this ? E.g. The file is containing the following lines 08/05 17:33:47 STAT1 Response(22) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antonio Fargas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed , awk script for printing matched line before regular expression

hi All , I am having a large file with lots of modules as shown below ############################################### module KKK kksd kskks jsn;lsm jsnlsn; Ring jjsjsj kskmsm jjs endmodule module llll 1kksd11 k232skks j33sn;l55sm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add a line after last matched expression

I thought this would be easy to Google, but I am having trouble getting a clean result that I can understand. I simply want to insert the the line: My Network 192.168.1.1 After the last line that begins with ACL localnet (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract regular expression and line below

Hi all, I have a large fasta (dna sequence) file. I would like to extract a portion of the header as well as the sequence (line below the header). Input: Output: All accession values (the term I want to preserve, which is the string including and directly following "GL") are different, but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression for line

Hi, I'm trying to extract if the (offset>0 || flags ) from the following line: 90.30.180.90.80 > 90.121.333.308.45133: Flags , seq 14480:15928, ack 1, win 8088, options > 15:59:11.156664 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 20, id 44442, offset 0, flags , proto TCP (6), length 1500) try: offset.(+) ||... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute a line that matches an expression with another line

I need some help. I have a file (all.txt) whereby I want to substitute using sed/awk all lines that matches an expression with another line with different expression i.e subtitute expression, database_id: filename; WITH database_id: PY; There are many occurrences of the expression... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimsoft
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last occurence of a expression in every line

I have a file which contains /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx /RdWrCtrl/IRdWrRepCtl/XI3/XIrdOutEnRdSbComb\/XRdDataGaterEnx I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

New line problem of regular expression

could anybody tell me how i can add/append a new line using regular expression in vi on AIX? i've tried several ways before, but all of them failed. e.g. :%s/$/\n/ :%s/^/\v\r/ :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Help (Using expression - line break)

*Note, I thought I was in Shell Programming and Scripting Q&A and posted in a wrong forum. To avoid confusion and to inform people that I'm not trying to "spam" the forums, I'm adding this note up top* Hi Everyone thanks in advance for any input you can provide on the following question! I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janus
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching a new line

I have written a script to test some isdn links in my network and I am trying to format the output to be more readable. Each line of the output has a different number of digits as follows... Sitename , spid1 12345678901234 1234567890 1234567 , spid2 1234567890 1234567890 1234567 Sitename , ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drheams
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question