Ignoring files that are currently being produced

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ignoring files that are currently being produced
# 1  
Old 07-02-2008
Question Ignoring files that are currently being produced

Hi!

Letīs say I want copy dump-files to a location.
These dump-files vary between 80 and 280MB and will be produced in about 1min or less.
I have a cronjob which (not only) copies those.
So how can I find out whether a file is currently produced or not?
Because if my script works with these files the dumping process is interrupted and the file is corrupt.

Any help is appreciated.

thx
# 2  
Old 07-02-2008
You can use the find command with -mmin option to handle this.

Below one will look for files older than 1 mn.

Ex: find / -name "*" -type f -mmin +1
# 3  
Old 07-02-2008
Thanks.

that should work...

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX : Find files ignoring certain file extensions

Hi All, I am scripting a program to find and archive files. There are certain file types that I do not want to archive. Below is the scenario. I have created a lookup file which has details on folders days and file extensions that needs to be ignored I have separated the individual into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavinmjr
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How get program name that produced an IO error redirected to a LOG in a nohup command?

Good afternoon, I'm have program that executes in background another programs. The main program would be programA and the programs executed by the main one, would be program1a, program1b and program1c. I need the programs to continue the execution no matter if the shell connection is lost,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls ignoring files from their modification time

Hi everyone, I'd like to know if is there a way to list files but ignoring some according to their modification time (or creation, access time, etc.) with the command 'ls' alone. I know the option -I exist, but it seems to only looking in the file name.. Thank you in advance for the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keyhaku
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all files recursively from directories while ignoring one file type

Hi, Seems like I need help again with a problem: I want to delete all files from my lets say "Music" Directory inkluding all of the subfolders except for .mp3 and .MP3 files. I tried it with globalignoring mp3 files, finding and deleting all other files, which resulted in all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed with special characters produced from crypto

Hey there, I'm facing some weird issues with sed when trying to do substitution in a text file with the content of some environment variables. Those variables are used to store crypted (3DES) info with much special characters and that's where the problem starts. I've already tried to use both... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jormun
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible - SCP script ignoring certain files

Hey everyone. First, let me preface this post by stating that there are some bad things I'm doing. I'm using python to work around SCP's refusal to take standard input for a password. The reason for doing this as opposed to using keys is because the servers are on lock down due to them being in our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msarro
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make - two target produced by one recipe

Suppose executable X produces files A and B from nothing, Y produces C from A, Z produces D from B, and my final goal is to produce C and D. I wrote the following makefile: .PHONY: all all: C D C: A Y A D: B Z B A B: X This makefile seems to reflect all dependencies, as it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ybelenky
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files ignoring subdirectories

Hi guys, I am searching some files not equal to the pattern with this command find ! -name "PATTERN" -type f but my problem is the find command because he also search inside subdirectories and that's the thing i don't want that. Is there any comand to ignore the directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignoring already copied files

I'm almost brand new to UNIX, so I have no idea if how easy or difficult this would be, or if it's even possible. I've been using FTP to copy a total of about 150gb of files to a remote drive. Since the directory being copied is so large, I've been trying to break it up into smaller chunks based... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvandyke
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignoring Some Text When Comparing 2 Files

Hi Guys, How can I compare 2 text files and show the differences between the 2 files but have some of the text ignored? Example File1 File2 Thomas Thomass !1st name! David Davidd !2nd name! John John !3rd name! So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyflip
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question