Last login details in banner

Operating Systems AIX Last login details in banner
# 1  
Old 11-22-2010
Last login details in banner

Friends!!
I need your help. Where can i change/set the last login details as below in aix 5.3. And how to do that to get the results as exactly below

login as: mbpops
mbpops@xx.28.3.24's password:
Last unsuccessful login: Mon Nov 22 14:32:27 GMT 2010 on ssh from 10.132.5.129
Last login: Mon Nov 22 14:44:54 GMT 2010 on ssh from 10.132.5.129

###########################################################################
# #
# #
# This computer system, its network and data contained therein is the #
# property of the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Group. Access to this computer and #
# network is restricted to persons and programs authorised by the Group #
# only. Access by others is prohibited and unauthorised, and is wrongful #
# under law. Do not proceed if you are not authorised. Any unauthorised #
# access will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. #
# #
# #
# 2  
Old 11-23-2010
Code:
Files Reference
utmp, wtmp, failedlogin File Format
Purpose

Describes formats for user and accounting information.
Description

The utmp file, the wtmp file, and the failedlogin file contain records with user and accounting information.

When a user attempts to logs in, the login program writes entries in two files:

* The /etc/utmp file, which contains a record of users logged into the system.
    * The /var/adm/wtmp file (if it exists), which contains connect-time accounting records.

On an invalid login attempt, due to an incorrect login name or password, the login program makes an entry in:

* The /etc/security/failedlogin file, which contains a record of unsuccessful login attempts.

The records in these files follow the utmp format, defined in the utmp.h header file.

# 3  
Old 11-23-2010
Thanks frank_rizzo.
But my query is "i want set/display those bold information in my system. Where i need to make configurations.
# 4  
Old 11-23-2010
ok . I misunderstood your request. I don't think that is possible but check the documentation on login.cfg.
# 5  
Old 11-23-2010
Can any one help me out - pls.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: There is a rule against bumping up posts and with already 20 posts under your belt you should know about this rule. Please abide by the rules you have agreed to honor when you registered here.

Last edited by bakunin; 11-24-2010 at 06:26 AM..
# 6  
Old 11-23-2010
Modify the /etc/motd: To include:

Code:
#                                                                         #
# This computer system, its network and data contained therein is the     #
# property of the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Group. Access to this computer and   #
# network is restricted to persons and programs authorised by the Group   #
# only. Access by others is prohibited and unauthorised, and is wrongful  #
# under law. Do not proceed if you are not authorised. Any unauthorised   #
# access will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the  law.            #

and you should be fine.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bykunin: please use CODE-tags when posting code, terminal output file contents or something such.

Last edited by bakunin; 11-24-2010 at 06:32 AM..
# 7  
Old 11-23-2010
Hi manifestox,
Thanks for the reply. My query is, want to add the below output before /etc/motd displayed.

"Last unsuccessful login: Mon Nov 22 14:32:27 GMT 2010 on ssh from10.132.5.129
Last login: Mon Nov 22 14:44:54 GMT 2010 on ssh from 10.132.5.129"

How could i achieve it?.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing login details to htaccess login prompt

Hi, How i can pass the login details to the URL which is password protected with the htaccess using command line or script (perl,or shell,or php). Any help or hint appreciated. Thanks, SJ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change banner message for console login?

Hi All, Whenever I login to server via console, after providing username (root) it displays a banner message. I want to remove this message Serverabc : root Welcome to Server !!! Password: It is Centos 5.4 box. I have checked /etc/issue and /etc/motd. It does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display banner before login.

How would i force All connection oriented network services to display a legal warning in terms of banner before any fuctional operation by user? ---------- Post updated at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:33 AM ---------- I would like to do this for ssh service first. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet banner message before login

why I didn't set /etc/inetd.conf telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd \ telnetd -b /etc/issue only telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd in /etc/ineted.conf but when I telnet my HPUX machine it shows those message HP-UX hp1008 B.11.31 U ia64 (tb) login: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CDE Login Banner

I'm having problem with the CDE pre login banner. I configured the c/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to add my warning message: Dtlogin*greeting.labelString: My Banner I then modified the Dtlogin*greeting*fontList to display the message in smaller text. This did not work. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: equismorio
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Hp-ux login banner

Hi, How do i create a login banner for hp-ux users. Is there somewhere i can get a step by step explanation? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Create Banner/Login Messages in Solaris.

Hi, I have been trying to create a banner/login message (something for displaying the usage policy etc) to appear while I login using telnet/FTP to any Solaris (pref. Solaris9) machine. I have tried using /etc/issue and /etc/motd files. Both do not solve my need. In that, /etc/issue displays... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
8 Replies

8. Linux

login banner

Hi, I have added in banner in both /etc/banner and /etc/issue.net one by one in Linux but the banner is not displaying while user type username and enter I have restarted the ssh service also Any idea why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

9. BSD

How to i change the login banner in obsd 3.3

Hi is it possible to change the login banner ? i now it`s somthing with /etc/gettytab and think i have found the line that give out the output "OpenBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyC1) now for my question can i change the default:\ :np:im=\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200: i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip3r
2 Replies

10. BSD

Change the Login banner for obsd 3.3

Hi is it possible to change the login banner ? i now it`s somthing with /etc/gettytab and think i have found the line that give out the output "OpenBSD/i386 (hostname) (ttyC1) now for my question can i change the default:\ :np:im=\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200: i whant to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vip3r
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question