.TTauthority file on AIX V5.1

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .TTauthority file on AIX V5.1
# 1  
Old 09-22-2005
.TTauthority file on AIX V5.1

I have a file called .TTauthority in /home/catusr. Or I should say I did at one point. When I (su - user) from Root, it disappears. I need this file to exist in order to access an oracle database to read up some cad models.

Smilie Any suggestions?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Excel File (xls) to tab delimited text file on AIX

Hi i have a problem in my job i try to convert an excel file (xls extention) to text file (tab delimited), but no result with this comand cat xxx.xls > xxx.txt Do you have eny idea? PS: sorry for my english Thanks!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frisso
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[AIX] Binary file warning for text file.

Hello guys, We had to move from a DC to another, and we are now facing an "issue" with some text files. Looks like that some of our log files are set as binary: file TuxConnectorURA.20121012 TuxConnectorURA.20121012: data or International Language text less TuxConnectorURA.20121012... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EnioMarques
2 Replies

4. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX to AIX File Sharing

Hello All, In my office their are two AIX servers and I want to establish file sharing between these two servers. Kindly help me in this regard ASAP. Regards, Adnan Wahid (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adnan_wns
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX

i require the shell script that is running on the AIX to download a file from Windows desktop to the location where the shell script resides onthe AIX system. I have used the below code: but it throwing the error as below.please help me at the earliest to resolve the issue. error message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkc
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 6.1 Error - "A file, file system or message queue is no longer available."

Getting a strange error with a log file below. This is just a normal text log file that is written to by an application on the server. The applicaiton is down, however, I cannot read, remove or touch this file. The file shows on an ls listing but not an ls -al listing. The file system is JFS2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX file read for file name script

Hi al, Im trying to write something to read a date file and append each date to my file output name. Datefile: 20091001 20091015 Final output file I would like is: DATA_20091001_20091015.xls The script Im trying, but not working, is n=`wc -l < dates_yymmdd.txt` i=1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file from a dvd to the local AIX file system

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX, so please bear with me. I have mounted a dvd drive on AIX. I am trying to copy the file that is on the dvd drive on to the local machine. However, I get an error: cp: c1m_0001.gz: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Can some one point me to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurag1510
1 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

large file in AIX 4.3

How I can change the caracteristic do filesystem /alzenir of JFS para EJFS(large file)? What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alzenir
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
SYSTEMD.AUTOMOUNT(5)						 systemd.automount					      SYSTEMD.AUTOMOUNT(5)

NAME
systemd.automount - Automount unit configuration SYNOPSIS
automount.automount DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".automount" encodes information about a file system automount point controlled and supervised by systemd. This man page lists the configuration options specific to this unit type. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. The automount specific configuration options are configured in the [Automount] section. Automount units must be named after the automount directories they control. Example: the automount point /home/lennart must be configured in a unit file home-lennart.automount. For details about the escaping logic used to convert a file system path to a unit name see systemd.unit(5). For each automount unit file a matching mount unit file (see systemd.mount(5) for details) must exist which is activated when the automount path is accessed. Example: if an automount unit home-lennart.automount is active and the user accesses /home/lennart the mount unit home-lennart.mount will be activated. Automount units may be used to implement on-demand mounting as well as parallelized mounting of file systems. If an automount point is beneath another mount point in the file system hierarchy, a dependency between both units is created automatically. FSTAB
Automount units may either be configured via unit files, or via /etc/fstab (see fstab(5) for details). For details how systemd parses /etc/fstab see systemd.mount(5). If an automount point is configured in both /etc/fstab and a unit file, the configuration in the latter takes precedence. OPTIONS
Automount files must include an [Automount] section, which carries information about the file system automount points it supervises. The options specific to the [Automount] section of automount units are the following: Where= Takes an absolute path of a directory of the automount point. If the automount point does not exist at time that the automount point is installed, it is created. This string must be reflected in the unit filename. (See above.) This option is mandatory. DirectoryMode= Directories of automount points (and any parent directories) are automatically created if needed. This option specifies the file system access mode used when creating these directories. Takes an access mode in octal notation. Defaults to 0755. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(8), systemd.unit(5), systemd.mount(5), mount(8), automount(8), systemd.directives(7) systemd 208 SYSTEMD.AUTOMOUNT(5)